Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

Pardon the bad picture, best I could do from a distance (is that one of Bette's best?). It's the Legend who is with us at Pier 21. And now she's real close.

Who knew Pier 21 is known as the Ellis Island of Canada?

Dining room has been very busy this morning. Service fairly quick and, of course, very friendly. 

For those who enjoy the song - 🎵 didn't realize it came out so many years ago. 

20230919_092811.jpg

20230919_092619.jpg

16951271211207516400134707264484.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Pardon the bad picture, best I could do from a distance (is that one of Bette's best?). It's the Legend who is with us at Pier 21. And now she's real close.

Who knew Pier 21 is known as the Ellis Island of Canada?

Dining room has been very busy this morning. Service fairly quick and, of course, very friendly. 

For those who enjoy the song - 🎵 didn't realize it came out so many years ago. 

20230919_092811.jpg

20230919_092619.jpg

16951271211207516400134707264484.jpg

My Bette Midler fav is "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy From Company B" 🎺

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well I messed that up - posted the pix w/o responded and wasn't able to edit. Pax staying in Terrazzo cabins get invited to a sea day brunch. Nice menu, included mimosas at no charge.

We had calzone, pork schnitzel, steak & poached eggs, beignets, angel food cake trifle. All of it was really good.

😱 what am I going to get!! DH will get the burger because well that is about all he eats.  Beignets😋 bought them many times at Emerils on Celebration.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We are doing dinner in Marco Polo; haven't been there for lunch. Will check if we do.

image.png.eb6309f5d3a801aa8eec6702044c8f87.png

I found the Fun Times from Saint Greg's travel page. The Pasta Bar @Marco Polo 12-2:30. Thats what it was when I did the 5 day Canada cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

😱 what am I going to get!! DH will get the burger because well that is about all he eats.  Beignets😋 bought them many times at Emerils on Celebration.

We made our own Boston Cream Pie - dip the beignet in the cream from the angel food cake bowl then dip it in the chocolate sauce that comes with the beignets. Heaven on Earth!! The cream is sweet but not over the top and is very smooth. Soooooo good. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yay - they let us back on board!!

Sad I did not make a contribution to the Delayed Fun table, but maybe next time. 

Stewart declined to have his picture taken w/the ice totes; we met him in the hall as he was taking the freshly filled ice totes to our cabin.

Window washers also met us at our cabin even though this morning they said it was postponed. Now we can see - wish they'd done that before we boarded so we could have a clear view of Lady Liberty. 

So, did they find all those ducks or is that where the ducks stay while they're waiting to be hidden? Either way, good job on keeping their ducks in a row. 🤣

Next up: llittle lessons from Halifax.

20230919_143158.jpg

20230919_143530.jpg

20230919_143706.jpg

20230919_143859.jpg

20230919_144313.jpg

20230919_161837.jpg

20230919_161805.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jules8888 said:

Soooo, it looks like we will be your downstairs neighbor next week. Directly under you, just in case you want to say HI! lol🙃

They will jump up and down for joy at 1am each day to let you know they are thinking of you...

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jules8888 said:

Soooo, it looks like we will be your downstairs neighbor next week. Directly under you, just in case you want to say HI! lol🙃

Would love to meet you. Maube we can go to Terrazzo Sea Day Brunch together. 🤔We're enjoying the ship, the crew and the location.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

Ok, I'll fill you in on today, then TRY to get caught up, so we'll bounce around a bit.

Today started out a little wet and foggy, but we were very much looking forward to spending the day in Halifax; especially since we did not get off the ship yesterday in St John. We had a boat tour scheduled that under perfect conditions would result in seeing fall foliage colors, or a peep show, as we call it.

Well, it's very warm so the leaves aren't putting on a show, but a nice boat ride is always enjoyable. Oh wait, isn't that what I'm doing for 2 weeks?! 

After a leisurely breakfast, we went back to the cabin to get ready and wait for clearance to go ashore. I worked for a short bit while Sis struggled to decide on the sleeve length of a 👕 She finally settled on long sleeve and a rain jacket. Yay - let's go!!

Quick walk off - through body scanner then scan SS card and we're off. Right into and through the terminal, straight out the front was the meeting spot for our Halifax Peep Show. Decent size group, we lined up like good little kids ready for a field trip. 3 different people made announcements informing us that due to a change, we would be walking "at least 20 minutes" to the ship we would take for the tour. "It's level, but is 15-20 minutes walk; just want you to be aware so you know what to expect. So, we'll leave here, walk about 20 minutes, then board the boat for the tour. Is everyone ok with at least a 20 minute walk then the same returning?" 👣

Wait - we went from 15 min to 20 min to at least 20 min all in less than a 3 min timespan. 🙄"I think you all heard my colleague say we are going to walk at least 20 minutes on a level surface to where our boat is waiting for us. Then we'll climb onto the boat for the tour. And you'll walk back here when we're done. And about the foliage - it's too warm, so you won't see any colors.🍁 The trees all look brown like these - all the leaves are brown 🍂 🎶 If you still want to go on the tour, please stay in this line. If you don't want to do the 20+ minute walk, take your tickets to the girl in the orange jacket and she'll handle it from there."

Sis decided her hip couldn't handle "at least 20 minutes" each direction and since she was riding on a boat for 13 days, skipping this one was the right thing to do. So "hello girl in orange jacket, we understand you're the refund lady" 👩 🙋‍♀️ 

Tour canceled, we did some browsing and shopping - thank you gifts for the dog sitters, yes plural - 1 does AM, other does PM - and earrings for self as a reward for, hmm, well for being me 🫣

Then it's back on the ship to grab a late lunch. Oh, wait, I saw a cool bottle handle thingy the lady next to me had. She said her SIL makes them; you can get them on the A->Z store. They're called Gearproz. 

Hey it's 7:07 and we're leaving - bye bye Halifax. 30 min late Cap days cuz we were waiting on pax. No man left behind...

So the best of the Halifax Peep Show is between the lady eyeing the leafy towels and cabin 2367 - let's vote. Good job, BTW, 2367 - that's quite a nice display of fall foliage 👏

20230919_190501.jpg

16951613528216092108856909305496.jpg

20230919_190518.jpg

20230919_113923.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Ok, I'll fill you in on today, then TRY to get caught up, so we'll bounce around a bit.

Today started out a little wet and foggy, but we were very much looking forward to spending the day in Halifax; especially since we did not get off the ship yesterday in St John. We had a boat tour scheduled that under perfect conditions would result in seeing fall foliage colors, or a peep show, as we call it.

Well, it's very warm so the leaves aren't putting on a show, but a nice boat ride is always enjoyable. Oh wait, isn't that what I'm doing for 2 weeks?! 

After a leisurely breakfast, we went back to the cabin to get ready and wait for clearance to go ashore. I worked for a short bit while Sis struggled to decide on the sleeve length of a 👕 She finally settled on long sleeve and a rain jacket. Yay - let's go!!

Quick walk off - through body scanner then scan SS card and we're off. Right into and through the terminal, straight out the front was the meeting spot for our Halifax Peep Show. Decent size group, we lined up like good little kids ready for a field trip. 3 different people made announcements informing us that due to a change, we would be walking "at least 20 minutes" to the ship we would take for the tour. "It's level, but is 15-20 minutes walk; just want you to be aware so you know what to expect. So, we'll leave here, walk about 20 minutes, then board the boat for the tour. Is everyone ok with at least a 20 minute walk then the same returning?" 👣

Wait - we went from 15 min to 20 min to at least 20 min all in less than a 3 min timespan. 🙄"I think you all heard my colleague say we are going to walk at least 20 minutes on a level surface to where our boat is waiting for us. Then we'll climb onto the boat for the tour. And you'll walk back here when we're done. And about the foliage - it's too warm, so you won't see any colors.🍁 The trees all look brown like these - all the leaves are brown 🍂 🎶 If you still want to go on the tour, please stay in this line. If you don't want to do the 20+ minute walk, take your tickets to the girl in the orange jacket and she'll handle it from there."

Sis decided her hip couldn't handle "at least 20 minutes" each direction and since she was riding on a boat for 13 days, skipping this one was the right thing to do. So "hello girl in orange jacket, we understand you're the refund lady" 👩 🙋‍♀️ 

Tour canceled, we did some browsing and shopping - thank you gifts for the dog sitters, yes plural - 1 does AM, other does PM - and earrings for self as a reward for, hmm, well for being me 🫣

Then it's back on the ship to grab a late lunch. Oh, wait, I saw a cool bottle handle thingy the lady next to me had. She said her SIL makes them; you can get them on the A->Z store. They're called Gearproz. 

Hey it's 7:07 and we're leaving - bye bye Halifax. 30 min late Cap days cuz we were waiting on pax. No man left behind...

So the best of the Halifax Peep Show is between the lady eyeing the leafy towels and cabin 2367 - let's vote. Good job, BTW, 2367 - that's quite a nice display of fall foliage 👏

20230919_190501.jpg

16951613528216092108856909305496.jpg

20230919_190518.jpg

20230919_113923.jpg

Is that OPI Cajun Shrimp nail polish holding the water bottle?

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Oh, windows were open - breeze was very nice. Kinda like being at sea.

20230919_152112.jpg

Every ship should be doing this! I absolutely loved sitting next to the windows with a nice breeze and cocktail. It really helps circulate the air while the roof is closed!

• Like 4

On 9/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, Haljo1935 said:

The box of Sweet Italian Cream pods arrived🥳 and are safely zip locked. So, I've packed 2 things - French Vanilla creamer & Sweet Italian Cream creamer. I'm pitiful...🫣

Hey, y'all - the creamer suffered a bit during flight. Good thing they were double bagged - at least 1 burst open. Had to give them & the bags a bath. But I do have creamer in my coffee each morning. 

20230917_072258.jpg

20230917_074455.jpg

20230917_074839.jpg

20230917_075222.jpg

• Like 3