Wi-Fi without premium package?

cookiersmom

I'm not sure how many know.  When I go to my cruise planner, the only options I have are for whole-cruise packages.

If I recall, you could by a day plan (24 consecutive hours, starting when you first activated it), but I also recall that being pretty pricey for just 1 day (especially if you only were going to use it for a short time that day).  I believe the only way you can have a set number of minutes to spend is via a Captain's Club benefit.

I don't think there is any way to selectively upgrade.  You upgrade for the entire cruise (or the remainder of it) or you don't.

If you just want to check in from time to time, your best bet may be to just go to a decent place on shore.  Any crew member likely can tell you where.

6 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I'm not sure how many know.  When I go to my cruise planner, the only options I have are for whole-cruise packages.

If I recall, you could by a day plan (24 consecutive hours, starting when you first activated it), but I also recall that being pretty pricey for just 1 day (especially if you only were going to use it for a short time that day).  I believe the only way you can have a set number of minutes to spend is via a Captain's Club benefit.

I don't think there is any way to selectively upgrade.  You upgrade for the entire cruise (or the remainder of it) or you don't.

If you just want to check in from time to time, your best bet may be to just go to a decent place on shore.  Any crew member likely can tell you where.

Thanks.  Yes, we plan to use our wifi on shore.  Just curious if we want to check on sea days.  

We are Elite so curious what that will get us onboard?   Anyone know? 

9 minutes ago, cookiersmom said:

Thanks.  Yes, we plan to use our wifi on shore.  Just curious if we want to check on sea days.  

Elite gets you 90 minutes (each) on the house per cruise.  Just be sure to log out when you aren't using them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cookiersmom said:

You will have 90 minutes each of Premium internet, one of the Elite Captains Cilub perks  Log in download emails, log out respond and log back in to send.  90 minutes can go a long way if you remember to log out as soon as you are done.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cookiersmom said:

Remember that everyone will be on during sea days.  Service will be slow.

As mentioned, ask the crew.  They will tell you where they use Internet on shore.