Using the Medallion for the state room door

beshears

7 hours ago, AZjohn said:

With or without a medallion hanging around your neck, I think the bad guys can still pick out who the tourists are in any city in the world.

Just saying….

image.thumb.png.34ba6837d2fc8c3b11af4b61c18a2379.png

Exactly and that's why one should not advertise that you are one of them.  Crooks, by nature, will go for the easy pickings.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZjohn said:

With or without a medallion hanging around your neck, I think the bad guys can still pick out who the tourists are in any city in the world.

Just saying….

image.thumb.png.34ba6837d2fc8c3b11af4b61c18a2379.png

People are just fooling themselves if they think you can't be spotted as a "tourist". 😄

Your looks, clothing & actions will give it away even without a medallion or carry bag. 

We can spot tourists in our area here in Florida a block away.😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Just saying….

What? Do you mean to tell me we actually stand out as tourists?? Do you think they could spot my wife as a tourist???  (Pretty sure we were the only two gringos in Hussong's in Ensenada.)

Chris in Hussong's Cantina - SMALL.jpg

• Like 3

Since someone had mentioned that there "might" be changes to the two packages, I just notified my people that are with me to NOT get in a hurry to order the package, but just wait a while, as we don't cruise until February.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 3:37 AM, beshears said:

We plan to cruise this coming February and I understand everyone uses a medallion to open their doors. Quite some time ago I had read that each time the door is open, it is possible (???) to win a prize. If you know anything about this, how does it work, and if you know anyone that won something, what did they win? Just curious.

Only if you are Premier Package

It comes with Premier but you can purchase separately.  Last cruise we won about $100 of on board credit but usually the grand prize is a free cruise announced during the cruise.   I think it’s $20 a day… I just have to beat my wife to the door to keep her honest!

14 hours ago, dream54ing said:

so you are saying i have a chance? 😛 

gamblers mentality!! 

Definitely.  We lived in Vegas for 9 years…momma needs a new pair of shoe’s!  Just adds some fun to the day…