Should I get e-visa for Vietnam before leaving US? Does Celebrity provide visa service?

YWW

We are heading to Vietnam on Celebrity Solstice this November. Since a VISA is required to enter Vietnam, does Celebrity take care of it or do we need to apply for it in advance before we leave US? I called Celebrity customer service and the rep didn't know the answer. Thanks.

1 minute ago, YWW said:

We are heading to Vietnam on Celebrity Solstice this November. Since a VISA is required to enter Vietnam, does Celebrity take care of it or do we need to apply for it in advance before we leave US? I called Celebrity customer service and the rep didn't know the answer. Thanks.

Your TA would know that process and should have passed that info along to you. 

I reached out to Celebrity and they told me that we were responsible to get our own Visa. I applied directly to Vietnam (there is a poster on the Boards for ports in Asia who provided the link) and obtained it for about $25. If you use the link provided by Celebrity, it goes to a 3rd party vendor and costs about $100. 

• Thanks 1

And yes, cruise lines (Normally) do not get involved with visas and entry requirements because each country you may enter and your nationality set differing requirements……and you need to have one completed Prior to arrival for Vietnam….and your passport needs to be good for 6mo further on. 

Den

A few follow-on questions on the topic.

1) If the itinerary has three Vietnamese ports, but all in a row, is that a single entry, or multiple entry?

2) I found an official pdf of valid "Evisa port" and Ha Long Bay is not listed, if that's our first port of call what would more experienced travelers suggest?