B2B transferring cabins

Victoria2

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Not at all,  Auto gratuities takes care of that !  a little cash in hand is offered at the end of the trip. 

I am of the persuasion that effecting  a transfer would be a one off and a little thank you at that time, would not be out of order.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

I am of the persuasion that effecting  a transfer would be a one off and a little thank you at that time, would not be out of order.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

It certainly wouldn't persuade me if I was a guest in the Grills , I would probably have already given a little cash in hand as I say goodbye to the first cabin team, and will be rewarding the new cabin/suite team at the end of the voyage .  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

It certainly wouldn't persuade me if I was a guest in the Grills , I would probably have already given a little cash in hand as I say goodbye to the first cabin team, and will be rewarding the new cabin/suite team at the end of the voyage .  

Well there you are.

We have a set amount per day which we give as extras to any member of staff we wish to say an extra thx too. I have no idea if staff 'talk' to one another re extra grats but just in case, I would have done both. Thx for looking after us and thx for moving us.

Each to their own. So far, it hasn't been an issue for us as all b2b2b trips have been booked under one booking.We haven't moved cabins, and don't intend to in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have a short Oz cruise coming up in November Instead of disembarking in Melbourne have booked another  14 day cruise to NZ We have the same cabin number (QG) . We have different booking numbers. 
Won’t need to pack and move but I guess will need to check out and check in again? Will we need to disembark from the first cruise and then wait around before we can embark again? Any advice wi be appreciated .

2 hours ago, daisybel said:

We have a short Oz cruise coming up in November Instead of disembarking in Melbourne have booked another  14 day cruise to NZ We have the same cabin number (QG) . We have different booking numbers. 
Won’t need to pack and move but I guess will need to check out and check in again? Will we need to disembark from the first cruise and then wait around before we can embark again? Any advice wi be appreciated .

You will receive new keycards from guest services for your follow-on 14 day cruise. The new keycards may be delivered to your cabin the afternoon or evening of the final full day of your first cruise. Or you may need to pick them up from guest services the morning of your arrival in Melbourne. I've experienced both procedures on QM2 in the past. Most recently last month, new keycards were delivered to our cabin during the last full day of the first voyage.

On the morning of the changeover day, you will need to scan off the ship using your keycards for the first cruise. You will scan back onto the ship using the new keycards for the next cruise. Whether you will be required to actually leave the ship will probably depend on whether the authorities in Melbourne require the ship to be "zeroed out". If not, you might be able to simply scan off the ship and then immediately scan back onto the ship at the gangway if you don't want to disembark during your day in Melbourne.

• Like 1