B2B transferring cabins

Victoria2

Thank you. I nearly put 'asking for a friend' but that is often a misused phrase indicating personal interest now .😀

We would book as one booking in order to be sure of the cabin so I have zero knowledge of this.

Thanks again and any more input from others, gratefully received.

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Thank you. I nearly put 'asking for a friend' but that is often a misused phrase indicating personal interest now .😀

We would book as one booking in order to be sure of the cabin so I have zero knowledge of this.

Thanks again and any more input from others, gratefully received.

You have spoilt my fantasy, which had you booking an inside cabin for the first leg (just for the novelty) and transferring to a Q1 to come back. 🙂🙂 Not that it’s what I’d do, either.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You have spoilt my fantasy, which had you booking an inside cabin for the first leg (just for the novelty) and transferring to a Q1 to come back. 🙂🙂 Not that it’s what I’d do, either.

Hey, I've done two QM2 insides as a solo, with friends and had the best nights of sleep ever, on a ship! 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Hey, I've done two QM2 insides as a solo, with friends and had the best nights of sleep ever, on a ship! 😀

Really? I’m so claustrophobic, I would hate not being able to see out in my inevitable waking periods.

• Like 1

Here's the general process we followed when moving from one Britannia cabin to another between back-to-back voyages this past May.

We were asked to pack all our belongings in our luggage. In that past, I've read where garments on hangers in the closets would be moved without having to be packed, but we were asked to pack everything so we did so.

We left our luggage in our cabin on the morning of changeover day and proceeded to the guest services desk to pick up our new keycards for the next portion of our voyage. We then scanned off the ship using our old keycards and when we returned later in the early afternoon we scanned back onto the ship with our new keycards. Our luggage was waiting for us in our new cabin.

A relatively simple and seamless process. Now if you don't intend to go ashore (and don't have to disembark such as in Southampton), you may want to discuss the timing of the move with the stewards who are in charge of the cabins involved in the move. You will still need to scan off the ship using your old keycard and back on the ship with your new keycard even if you don't actually leave the ship.

• Like 4

When we had to change cabins in New York a few years ago we were disappointed to find that the clothes on hangers were no longer transferred and we had to pack everything. The crew handled the change including our flowers and even a partial bottle of water. We remembered to empty the safe and take the contents off with us for the New York business.

We have this pleasure again in a year. We had no choice but to book the Southampton-NY-Québec voyage as two trips. Our cabins are just four doors apart. We are hoping that the cabin we are going to for the second segment will be vacated before we have to get off so we might be able to carry our clothes that short distance down the corridor.  Being aft on Deck 13 it is likely we will have the same steward so that might make the transfer easier.

• Like 1

It might be too late now, but we have been put in the position of having to change cabins a couple of times on B2B bookings.  On each occasion Cunard reservations spoke to the Berthing Department and they were able to reallocate vacant cabins on the two sectors so we didn’t have to change cabins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

It might be too late now, but we have been put in the position of having to change cabins a couple of times on B2B bookings.  On each occasion Cunard reservations spoke to the Berthing Department and they were able to reallocate vacant cabins on the two sectors so we didn’t have to change cabins.

I will let our friends know so they can enquire.

Thanks

Hi Victoria2.  Are you currently at sea, to coin a phrase?!  I am quite envious as you seem to be permanently sailing.  I love to read your travel stories.  We are land-bound until mid October and then looking forward to QE.  Seems a long time since we were on her.

24 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Hi Victoria2.  Are you currently at sea, to coin a phrase?!  I am quite envious as you seem to be permanently sailing.  I love to read your travel stories.  We are land-bound until mid October and then looking forward to QE.  Seems a long time since we were on her.

Very kind but have you got the right person?

I just hope I don't bore with my musings.

I'm not physically aboard at the moment although friends and loved ones might say I'm permanently 'all at sea'!😄

We were due on QV's Oct. Northern Lights but yet again, cancelled and yet again,  for an uninsurable reason. I'll get there one day.

We're on QA next year and are waiting for the '25 itineraries to be released. 🙂

Funnily enough Victoria2, we have also booked the Northern Lights on many occasions on both Cunard and P&O and each time we have moved them on with the comment, ‘Do we really want to go on a cold cruise?’  We once went on Hurtigruten and didn’t like it.  It was in a January, very cold, Spartan ship and didn’t see the Lights.  Subsequently, I think they now offer a free cruise if you don’t see them.  

We don’t generally do P&O these days, but only yesterday talked ourselves out of going on Aurora next March to the Lights.  Unfortunately we want to cruise January through March and Cunard don’t oblige unless you want to fly to the other side of the world and we have now given up on that.

I have always wanted to see the Lights since I was a small boy.  Back then when about 10 years old and living in Penrith, I was walking home from school along a dark lane and all these white car headlights seemed to be coming over the brow of the hill toward me.  There were no cars!  When I got home all the neighbours were out saying, ‘Those are the Northern Lights.’

Really enjoyed them last year on Seabourn.    We had a switch in our cabin to turn on announcements and we were warned early in the evening that we would likely see the lights.    We 

left a quick change of clothes by the bed.   We were informed at 2:30 AM that the lights were out and were spectacular.   We were able to view them from the bow of the ship (Venture) and they were spectacular.    The ship’s nature photographer took a video of the lights and shared them with the passengers.   They are certainly not to be missed!

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 2:06 PM, bluemarble said:

Here's the general process we followed when moving from one Britannia cabin to another between back-to-back voyages this past May.

We were asked to pack all our belongings in our luggage. In that past, I've read where garments on hangers in the closets would be moved without having to be packed, but we were asked to pack everything so we did so.

We left our luggage in our cabin on the morning of changeover day and proceeded to the guest services desk to pick up our new keycards for the next portion of our voyage. We then scanned off the ship using our old keycards and when we returned later in the early afternoon we scanned back onto the ship with our new keycards. Our luggage was waiting for us in our new cabin.

A relatively simple and seamless process. Now if you don't intend to go ashore (and don't have to disembark such as in Southampton), you may want to discuss the timing of the move with the stewards who are in charge of the cabins involved in the move. You will still need to scan off the ship using your old keycard and back on the ship with your new keycard even if you don't actually leave the ship.

We had a B2B last December (5-day Christmas Market, followed by 7-day TA) with the changeover in Southampton. This is the same process we followed, where we did not leave the ship. We moved from PG on the short leg to QG on the TA, thanks to an excessively generous upgrade from Cunard to the Balmoral Suite (Q1).

The person scanning the cards for leaving the ship and returning…all at the same time..was a bit confused, but she finally got it. We sat in the Carinthia Lounge for an hour or so while the changeover was happening, having checked with the steward as to what the expected timing would be (the butler on the TA said the previous occupants had self-disembarked, which shaved several minutes off the process), then proceeded to the new cabin before boarding started for those embarking on the TA. The cabin was ready and our luggage was waiting in the closet.

• Thanks 1

Top Tip ! When transferring to another cabin ( B2B)

Take a stroll down to your new cabin 'a couple of days before the transfer' . Make you self known to your new steward/ss, interact with them, give them heads up that you'll be occupying the cabin on disembarkation day.  They in turn will ensure your new cabin will be the First To Be Serviced immediately after the occupants have vacated .

Always works for me , no hanging around. 😉  

We have changed cabins a couple of times in the last year.  In Grills our butler moved our clothes from closet to closet.  In Brittania they brought a rail and transferred from wardrobe to wardrobe.  We will have the same situation in January but are only moving 2 cabins.

6 hours ago, addo said:

We have changed cabins a couple of times in the last year.  In Grills our butler moved our clothes from closet to closet.  In Brittania they brought a rail and transferred from wardrobe to wardrobe.  We will have the same situation in January but are only moving 2 cabins.

Thank you. They will be 'Clubbers' so won't have any Butler help but any help will be appreciated.

On 9/19/2023 at 6:30 AM, addo said:

I hope this means that Cunard has re-introduced this convenient transfer of the wardrobe contents. As I mentioned earlier, a few years ago our steward  told us they no longer do that. He even asked the head housekeeper but the rules could not be bent.