Summit Concierge Cabin 8069 obstructed view

sally4909

I am sailing on Celebrity Summit in Concierge cabin 8069 which is listed as having a partially obstructed view. There are other cabins close by that are also listed as partially obstructed. If anyone has stayed in this cabin,  is it possibly from life boats or window washer equipment?  Just curious as I love the location and not planning to move.

50 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

I am sailing on Celebrity Summit in Concierge cabin 8069 which is listed as having a partially obstructed view. There are other cabins close by that are also listed as partially obstructed. If anyone has stayed in this cabin,  is it possibly from life boats or window washer equipment?  Just curious as I love the location and not planning to move.

The only thing on that side in that area is the window equipment that may roll by...summit.thumb.jpg.cfb472d7f8d4cf683bda55122329e16a.jpg

We are in 8054 on Millennium in March/April for B2B Japan cruises.  Not the cabin I would ordinarily choose...however, there is a reason.  These are two of the infamous overbooked Japan sailings and we originally booked for 2021 and were canceled and "lifted-and-shifted" several times...and, since they had already been selling cabins for the 2024 cruises before they canceled 2023, by the time we were forced to move to 2024, there were few Concierge cabins left...and 8054 was the only option to allow us to remain in the same cabin for both legs of the back-to-back,

When we got this cabin, I saw a number of notes on the internet about a possible obstruction.  From what I can tell, it appears they are talking about window washing equipment which looks to have a "standing" home--while not in use--about 2 or three cabins forward--outside 8048/8050...I found this photo somewhere, apparently looking forward from the balcony of 8052.  So, that structure appears to be in front of 8050.  I imagine that it will be less obtrusive from 8054--but still visible when looking forward....just less visible than this.

Concierge Class Stateroom Picture

Also, when looking at the official Celebrity website deck plans, they show an odd diamond designation on the balconies for 8048 and 8050 and for 8047 and 8049 on the other side...but the "key" does NOT explain what the diamond symbol means...I am guessing that it refers, somehow, to the obstruction.  Does anyone know for sure?

image.png.87b0c6d84a1e02a785fc4aa76d69705f.png

Edited by Bruin Steve

25 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

It might also mean there is some degree of decreased view forward due to the irregular balconies of 8042 & 8043.  EM

That would not be it.   The symbol appears in similar location on Deck 9...but not on Deck 6 or 7.  Those decks are also subject to similar nearby slant balconies.  Also doesn't appear adjacent to any of the other irregular balconies.  The only other place it appears is on Deck 6--all the way forward...

image.png.d3aeb181c5f35756f1dba86f84ec60dc.png

Those are the three forward-most of the "Sweet Sixteen" cabins on each side of the ship--where the balconies have a "superstructure" around them.  I believe, in the case of those marked cabins, it's the obstruction caused by these structural pillars (though, curiously, they didn't put the diamonds on the cabins above them on Deck 7):

image.jpeg.858cae02453497b1b88cf3543e3c5420.jpeg

Edited by Bruin Steve

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess , for whatever reason the cabin is called partially obstructed, it is nothing major and maybe nothing at all. I just can’t wait to be on board and to enjoy the Summit. First Celebrity cruise for us after many years on Royal Caribbean.

4 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

Interestingly, the list of obstructed cabins is different on Summit from those on Millennium...

On Deck 8, that Summit list shows 13 cabins:  

C2 8061 40%
C2 8074 50%
C2 8098 35%
C2 8100 35%
C2 8102 25%
CS 8104 25%
C2 8108 10%
S1 8117 35%
AW 8121 25%
C2 8047 25%
C2 8048 25%
C2 8049 25%
C2 8050 25%

On Millennium, Deck 8, it shows only 8 cabins as obstructed:

C2 8050 25%
C2 8049 25%
C2 8048 25%
C2 8047 25%
2B 8011 25%
2B 8010 25%
2B 8007 5%
2B 8006 5%

Link:  02_15_23_FLY_Obstructed_Cabins_ML.pdf (rccl.com)

...and they are largely different cabins.  My cabin, 8054, doesn't appear on either ship's list...however, the photos of 8048 and 8050 don't look that good for me as that structure would be only about 30 feet forward of my balcony (so, looking forward, that will clearly be in the view though probably not a big deal since the ship also slants out just forward of that)...But Celebrity doesn't consider the view to be obstructed unless the obstruction "blocks a portion of the direct outward view from a stateroom".  So, 30 feet forward does not technically constitute an obstruction.  Interestingly, also, is that most of these cabins are no longer "C2" as shown on that list, rather they are now "C1" and, therefore, sells for an even higher price.  Among Veranda cabins, the obstructed view cabins generally sell for a LOWER price.

Hi Dream_Out_Loud. That is great news to hear. Thanks for posting, but now I am feeling guilty that I’m making a mountain of a molehill. I was just curious about the obstructed view and it wouldn’t impact my cruise at all. Your clarification is appreciated and I can’t wait to get on board.

2 hours ago, sally4909 said:

Hi Dream_Out_Loud. That is great news to hear. Thanks for posting, but now I am feeling guilty that I’m making a mountain of a molehill. I was just curious about the obstructed view and it wouldn’t impact my cruise at all. Your clarification is appreciated and I can’t wait to get on board.

You’re very welcome. Have a great cruise!