Booking a cruise with Credit Card points

SJ1_

was all set to book a Celebrity cruise with CC points.  I have $2400 worth of points and 

cruise was $3309.  When I went to book the Chase agent quoted me $3800

I asked her about resident rate, and she really didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

question anyone ever book thru Chase know if I can get this rate or if the problem is the agent?

THKS

Try calling back and maybe get a different agent.  I have no idea and wouldn't use my points for a cruise as you can get better value from them.  How many points (not your perceived value) do you have?  Often transferring the points to Hyatt is an easy way to get maximum value out of UR points if one doesn't want to deal with finding airline award space

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Try calling back and maybe get a different agent.  I have no idea and wouldn't use my points for a cruise as you can get better value from them.  How many points (not your perceived value) do you have?  Often transferring the points to Hyatt is an easy way to get maximum value out of UR points if one doesn't want to deal with finding airline award space

I did and the new guy is giving me the resident rate.    still on phone with him   every minute he comes back with a question then puts me on hold.   

so they do give the resident rate ... thanks

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I'm assuming you have fewer than 240,000 UR points and are using one of the Sapphire card multipliers?

I have the chase reserve, so I get 1.5 the value of the points by using the points and booking thru them

the value is around $2400  So I am booking a 10 day balcony cruise for under $1000!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SJ1_ said:

I have the chase reserve, so I get 1.5 the value of the points by using the points and booking thru them

the value is around $2400  So I am booking a 10 day balcony cruise for under $1000!   

$825.26 to be exact.    I been on phone now for over 45 minutes .....   almost finished