Luminosa

JohnGc

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

No, the Luminosa is not due to get any updates till latter this year from memory.

Thanks for that. I wondered if not having the water slides for the kids would put off parents from booking. I am surprised that they have not done it, on their other ships they make a point of the water slides being a fun ship. Does not worry me, you don't see many 80 year olds if any on the slides.😁

No serious updates at all on the schedule for Luminosa. Pacific Encounter has gone back to get her slides belatedly fitted, but there is no FUN2.0 planned for Luminosa until at least March 2025.

I agree it doesn't fit for Brisbane, but a waterpark is less useful for the other half of the year in Alaska.

Splendor will be somewhat overdue for refreshment when she gets her drydock in August 2024. I don't know of any "upgrades" beyond the usual TLC.

In digging for more detail, I have found a pretty good reveal. QLD Ports holds bookings year round in Queensland for Luminosa beyond the end of her current schedule through till October 2026. It will be great news for Brisbane to finally get a non-P&O choice through winter, but I believe Luminosa is just a place marker for another ship that would be better suited - Spirit, Legend or similar.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No serious updates at all on the schedule for Luminosa. Pacific Encounter has gone back to get her slides belatedly fitted, but there is no FUN2.0 planned for Luminosa until at least March 2025.

I agree it doesn't fit for Brisbane, but a waterpark is less useful for the other half of the year in Alaska.

Splendor will be somewhat overdue for refreshment when she gets her drydock in August 2024. I don't know of any "upgrades" beyond the usual TLC.

In digging for more detail, I have found a pretty good reveal. QLD Ports holds bookings year round in Queensland for Luminosa beyond the end of her current schedule through till October 2026. It will be great news for Brisbane to finally get a non-P&O choice through winter, but I believe Luminosa is just a place marker for another ship that would be better suited - Spirit, Legend or similar.

Thanks Geoff 👍

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Weren't they fitted last March?

Yes, Feb/Mar as planned. I say belatedly, as Pac Encounter cruised on her first summer here without them.

Luminosa hasn't, and there are no current plans for them. There was an assumption out there that both ships were getting slides added. It makes sense, but it is only Pac Encounter that had them retrofitted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, I think Carnival has commited to having ships out of Brisbane for a while, they have just signed a 2 year sponsorship with the Brisbane Bullets NBL club. 

Carnival love there Basketball, of course Mickie Anson (Carnival Owner) is owner of the Miami Heat in the NBA.

So expect Luminosa or another to be here for a while, as ARXCARDS said no upgrades for a while..

• Like 1