Keycards on Waterslide?

ltp579

This is probably a silly question but it's something I wonder about... We're going on our first family cruise on The Getaway soon. My 13 year old is especially excited about the water slides. I want to give him the freedom to do activities on his own around the ship but I can't figure out what one does with their room key on the waterslides. I don't think wearing it on a lanyard on the fast slides would be safe and probably not allowed. Would it work for him to wear it on his wrist? 

33 minutes ago, hallux said:

If I'm in the pool my card is in a velcro pocket in my trunks, same would apply to the slides if I went on them.  No, the water does not negatively impact the card, I've done it on a couple cruises now.

Must be nice to have pockets.

I always clip mine to my swimsuit strap, but NCL is super picky about any metal or clips, so I don't know if they'd allow it.  (A bit different than the OP's son; but it does make me wonder what they expect you to do with your keycard...  I'm solo, so it's not like someone can hold onto it for me.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

Must be nice to have pockets.

I always clip mine to my swimsuit strap, but NCL is super picky about any metal or clips, so I don't know if they'd allow it.  (A bit different than the OP's son; but it does make me wonder what they expect you to do with your keycard...  I'm solo, so it's not like someone can hold onto it for me.)

I have slipped mine down the front of my one piece swimsuit. I’ve had no problem with doing that. 

2 hours ago, Grimix said:

Doubt they'd let anything clipped to a swimsuit through. Might get lucky if stored in a pocket. They made me take off my wedding ring to go down the slides.

Do you have a plain band, or do you have stones on your ring?

Edited by Candy Apple 12

My 13yo son would leave his card tucked with his t shirt, shoes and hat while he used the pool and water slides. He didn’t loose anything during the entire week!

First cruise we gave him considerably freedom around the ship and he proved to be very responsible with his new found privilege. 

Your mileage may vary, but I got all the way to the top of the drop slide and was told I couldn't use it with my gold wedding band on.  According to attendant it was due to concerns it might get caught on seams or something and cause injury. Absolutely no metal of any kind, no way.

19 hours ago, DwayneG said:

Your mileage may vary, but I got all the way to the top of the drop slide and was told I couldn't use it with my gold wedding band on.  According to attendant it was due to concerns it might get caught on seams or something and cause injury. Absolutely no metal of any kind, no way.

Makes sense. Who wants their finger amputated going down a slide? Was this a water slide or a dry slide? I’ve done many water slides with my wedding ring on, but I’ve always been told to cross my arms over me chest. 

4 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Makes sense. Who wants their finger amputated going down a slide? Was this a water slide or a dry slide? I’ve done many water slides with my wedding ring on, but I’ve always been told to cross my arms over me chest. 

More likely to sleeve it like Jimmy Fallon!