Edge class forward weather decks for non-Retreat guests

dpm321

On Edge class ships it appears that all (or most) of the weather deck areas forward of the pool are reserved for Retreat guests.  Does anyone know if there are weather decks accessible to non-Retreat guests that have a view over the bow, other than the helipad?  My particular interest is in photographing ships' arrival in unique ports (especially in the med).  Thanks.

3 hours ago, NanaPam00 said:

On deck 14 in front of the thermal suite is a small deck area - i assume they let you out there weather permitting

Thanks.  I see the same thing in front of the gym.  Unfortunately the deck plans don’t provide enough detail to identify access.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, dpm321 said:

Thanks.  I see the same thing in front of the gym.  Unfortunately the deck plans don’t provide enough detail to identify access.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

On the Apex there was a door to the left - if I remember right the little animal family statues (penguins?) were out there.

13 hours ago, dpm321 said:

On the Apex we were able to walk out there,  There were chairs stacked up - we were sailing to Norway so I assume this was due to weather. 

1 hour ago, NanaPam00 said:

On the Apex there was a door to the left - if I remember right the little animal family statues (penguins?) were out there.

It's not the gym, it's the spa deck on Deck 14. You would need a thermal suite pass in order  to access that outdoor deck since the door it within the thermal suite area. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, dpm321 said:

My sister and brother in law have gone out on that deck on both the Beyond and Apex.  I had no idea it existed but they're always wandering 😁