MSC Virtuosa 26/09/23 no longer going to Cork

Stokie33

Looks like we are in for a rough few nights as got a text cancelling Cork but we can go to Portland with even higher winds, preparing myself for 2 sea days with a trip to Zeebrugge,

Hope everyone got the text as all it said was more information will be available tomorrow at the port

• Like 1

Roll on Storm Agnes, I’ll be the one going up and down in the outside lifts if it’s really rough.

we didn’t make it to Portland last year on this cruise due to bad weather which wasn’t really rough, expecting a cruise to nowhere anything else is a bonus🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

Roll on Storm Agnes, I’ll be the one going up and down in the outside lifts if it’s really rough.

we didn’t make it to Portland last year on this cruise due to bad weather which wasn’t really rough, expecting a cruise to nowhere anything else is a bonus🤣🤣

In a word crap lol and this is my best friends first cruise lol

2 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Say safe, Bea. Hope it's not as bad as predicted! 🤞

We’ve had a few experiences on rough seas - not pleasant!   Ship is deserted as everyone holes up in their cabins - including the crew. 🤣

Hope all will be ok up there in the northwest, too.  

19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We’ve had a few experiences on rough seas - not pleasant!   Ship is deserted as everyone holes up in their cabins - including the crew. 🤣

Hope all will be ok up there in the northwest, too.  

I think we're getting away lightly this storm. It seems nasty in the south of the country. Hope it's not caused you any damage. 🤞Ken 

2 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

I think we're getting away lightly this storm. It seems nasty in the south of the country. Hope it's not caused you any damage. 🤞Ken 

Not quite as bad as expected.   Monsoon rain all morning and some severe gusts - especially around lunchtime.  Then a lull; rain stopped and paths began to dry, before rain and wind returned.  Thankfully there’s been no damage.  Heard a truck overturned on a road out of Ferns.  Hopefully no one was injured.  

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Not quite as bad as expected.   Monsoon rain all morning and some severe gusts - especially around lunchtime.  Then a lull; rain stopped and paths began to dry, before rain and wind returned.  Thankfully there’s been no damage.  Heard a truck overturned on a road out of Ferns.  Hopefully no one was injured.  

Thank goodness! I hope you can open the video. Sea near Fethard on Sea where my friend lives.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Thank goodness! I hope you can open the video. Sea near Fethard on Sea where my friend lives.

I have a slow connection at the moment.  We lost power half an hour ago. 🥺.  I imagine they’re having a very rough time of it down there!  

Managed to play it.  Hope there aren’t any eejits out looking for kicks.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Haha 1