Eagle Beach

CruiseHappy14

She can take a taxi. It sounded like she was traveling with Family. I always take the bus because it's cheap no stress and plenty of room. No crawling into the back of a 4 wheeled sardine can. City bus big seats many empty plenty of room to set your backpack down on. Very open no hurry. City Bus for me every time. 😎😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, TTEllis said:

Yup, chair's and palapas. Right beside Passions Beach Bar. To your right as you walk down the sidewalk to Eagle Beach from the bus stop. 

Palapa and 2 chairs about $20(US).

Take the city bus across from the port, done it several times only way to travel on the island. 

Can you take public bus to Atardi in Noord, as well? TIA

21 minutes ago, deenalf said:

Can you take public bus to Atardi in Noord, as well? TIA

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the location you are talking about. Maybe someone else here in the forum can help you.

The public buses go pretty much anywhere you need to go though. 

Aruba has great public transportation. 

It's what's so nice about the island you can pretty much go anywhere you want comfortable and cheap. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the location you are talking about. Maybe someone else here in the forum can help you.

The public buses go pretty much anywhere you need to go though. 

Aruba has great public transportation. 

It's what's so nice about the island you can pretty much go anywhere you want comfortable and cheap. 

Guesstimate of bus travel time from Hadacurari Beach to port at night? Assuming boarding by 9pm. Thank you!!

On 12/4/2023 at 11:30 PM, TTEllis said:

Nope shouldn't be a problem. You know approximately what time you'll be showing up at Eagle Beach? 

I would have a definitive plan in place getting to Eagle and getting everything set up before you do anything else. Rent yourself two palapas side by side and you and your group can go and do whatever you please. 

Just wondering how long the bus ride is to Eagle Beach from the cruise ship?

34 minutes ago, deenalf said:

Guesstimate of bus travel time from Hadacurari Beach to port at night? Assuming boarding by 9pm. Thank you!!

You mentioned Atardi in a post, which is located at The Marriott Stelaris Hotel. I'm not sure that the bus goes directly by The Marriott.  It is pretty far up Palm Beach,  and the bus turns and goes around a round about near that location,  as it travels up to Arashi Beach.  I suggest taking a taxi. You can walk back towards Palm Beach after dinner,  if you choose,  but I strongly suggest that you take a taxi back to the port. The busses run on a reduced schedule at night, Sundays, and holidays. Many times, we've stood at the bus stop for about 30 minutes, and have given up and taken a taxi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

You mentioned Atardi in a post, which is located at The Marriott Stelaris Hotel. I'm not sure that the bus goes directly by The Marriott.  It is pretty far up Palm Beach,  and the bus turns and goes around a round about near that location,  as it travels up to Arashi Beach.  I suggest taking a taxi. You can walk back towards Palm Beach after dinner,  if you choose,  but I strongly suggest that you take a taxi back to the port. The busses run on a reduced schedule at night, Sundays, and holidays. Many times, we've stood at the bus stop for about 30 minutes, and have given up and taken a taxi.

Thank you! We'll taxi back!

On 9/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, TTEllis said:

Yup, chair's and palapas. Right beside Passions Beach Bar. To your right as you walk down the sidewalk to Eagle Beach from the bus stop. 

Palapa and 2 chairs about $20(US).

Take the city bus across from the port, done it several times only way to travel on the island. 

Can you pay in US dollars for the bus?

10 minutes ago, RICruisegal said:

Can you pay in US dollars for the bus?

Yes ma'am you can pay with US currency. I Love the bus. Nice peaceful cheap and very efficient. No worries. Have fun. 👌🌟🌟🌟🌟👌

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can pay on the bus in US currency but your change will be in Aruba currency.  My husband and I just took the bus last week and for the two of us it was a total charge of $5.20 each way.  We gave the driver six US dollars, kept the change and used it along with another 5 dollar bill to augment our return trip.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 8:51 PM, jonsmom said:

Todd I thought the Amsterdam Manor was the stop after Eagle. No?  Is it easy to push a stroller onto the beach?  Is there a walkway? Thanks

Yes, Amsterdam Manor IS the stop after Eagle Beach if you are coming from town.  We just took the bus there less than two weeks ago.  The bus lets you out at its stop, and you just walk across the street to the beach.  Much less crowded than the previous beaches we passed. When you are ready to return to the bus station, the stop is right there on the ocean side of the road.  It is even covered so you can't miss it.

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

I've sat under that bus stop a dozen times waiting for the bus . It's the best ticket on Aruba. Never a long wait always reliable never a problem. 

Tom do you this that Amsterdam Manor is a better choice for the beach vs. Eagle?

On 2/1/2024 at 1:19 PM, TTEllis said:

It's the same thing.

I think the confusion is because there are some posts & videos on this site that claim the bus first stops at "Eagle Beach" where it's more crowded and then makes a second stop at Amsterdam Manor.

Quick question--our ship is staying in Aruba overnight during our 24-hour stay, so we should be able to get off the ship early the next morning before the other cruise ships arrive in port. Do you have any idea how early we could rent chairs on the beach near Passions? 

You can get there as early as you want.

The palapas,, if you find one that you like, set your stuff down. They'll see you and come over and you can pay them. 

You have the opportunity to get to Eagle Beach early, Eagle is nice in the morning and it gives you the opportunity to get a nice palapa up towards the ocean. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

9 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

You can get there as early as you want.

The palapas,, if you find one that you like, set your stuff down. They'll see you and come over and you can pay them. 

You have the opportunity to get to Eagle Beach early, Eagle is nice in the morning and it gives you the opportunity to get a nice palapa up towards the ocean. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Great--thanks for your quick reply!

3 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

I think the confusion is because there are some posts & videos on this site that claim the bus first stops at "Eagle Beach" where it's more crowded and then makes a second stop at Amsterdam Manor.

Quick question--our ship is staying in Aruba overnight during our 24-hour stay, so we should be able to get off the ship early the next morning before the other cruise ships arrive in port. Do you have any idea how early we could rent chairs on the beach near Passions? 

Just on the south side of the passions bathrooms is a stand that rents chairs. Was $10 a chair. 

I will say that I had, we'll just say, an odd experience with them. We got there near noon. The beach was pretty busy. I walked up myself asking about chairs and they tried to send me down the beach to another vendor saying they were out. I was about to walk that way when my wife, daughter and her friends walked up with me and they miraculously found a couple empty palapas and plenty of chairs near their stand. Not a big deal and there were no other interactions with them once I paid for the chairs, but it was an eye roller. 

1 hour ago, fsjosh said:

Just on the south side of the passions bathrooms is a stand that rents chairs. Was $10 a chair. 

I will say that I had, we'll just say, an odd experience with them. We got there near noon. The beach was pretty busy. I walked up myself asking about chairs and they tried to send me down the beach to another vendor saying they were out. I was about to walk that way when my wife, daughter and her friends walked up with me and they miraculously found a couple empty palapas and plenty of chairs near their stand. Not a big deal and there were no other interactions with them once I paid for the chairs, but it was an eye roller. 

Interesting—thanks for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, fsjosh said:

Hey I have a question ok your chair was $10 what would the fee be for 2 chair's and 1 palapa? Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

Hey I have a question ok your chair was $10 what would the fee be for 2 chair's and 1 palapa? Thanks for your help.

It was $10 a chair. $70 for 7. We were under 2 palapas, but I got the impression those were first come first served and not charged. I think they are publicly owned.  I'd assume $20 for 2 

Edited by fsjosh