Restaurants near via belsiana 90. Rome

tfg

Looking for authentic restaurant for dinner and lunch sandwiches near our Airbnb

Via belsiana 90. Rome

I believe near the Spanish steps, have seen cantina belsiana and la campana.

We really want authentic local food not tourist traps, anyone point us in the right direction or have personal recommendations.

Tia

Edited by tfg
Spelling

• tfg changed the title to Restaurants near via belsiana 90. Rome

At the top of this forum, you 'll see a sticky thread about food & wine.  Cruise through it and do a search on a map to see if any are close.  That's the best thing to do.  We all put our restaurant recommendations on that thread.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tfg said:

Looking for authentic restaurant for dinner and lunch sandwiches near our Airbnb

Via belsiana 90. Rome

Another option is to google the address which should bring up a map with the address pinpointed.  By enlarging the map and clicking the "restaurants" option, it should bring up restaurants around that location with names and star ratings on the left side.  From there you can google reviews of any which might appeal.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, slidergirl said:

At the top of this forum, you 'll see a sticky thread about food & wine.  Cruise through it and do a search on a map to see if any are close.  That's the best thing to do.  We all put our restaurant recommendations on that thread.  

Sorry what is a sticky thread

24 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Sorry what is a sticky thread

a "sticky" thread is one which stays in position without moving down or onto the next page when more threads are added.

It is usually one which has either FAQs or multiple suggestions for hotels, restaurants etc in a certain location.  It means members can go directly to the sticky and may find the answer they are looking for without having to search the boards or start their own thread.

They are always at the very top of boards so always worth looking for one. There are actually three at the top of the Italy Boards forum.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

They used to be called a "Sticky" in the older version of Cruise Critic. No longer.

It appears that at least two of us on this thread alone did not know about the name change and there must be others too, so do please enlighten slidergirl and myself  what  the replacement name for "stickies" is and when did it change?  And was the change highlighted or notified to members at any point?

Not sure how you managed to quote me.

A mystery to me too, as I thought I was quoting tfg on post #4  but I am not at all tech minded and must have muddled something wthout being aware of it.

9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

the naming changed a couple years ago when a significant upgrade to the software Cruise Critic operates on, occurred. The old " Sticky" threads are still "pinned" there.

CruiserBruce, as you omitted to say what the naming changed to, I am none the wiser. In search of an answer I went onto the Message Board Help Forum from the  Community Help Center thread and searched the words "sticky" and "sticky name change", but came up with nothing in the results apart from posts containing the word "sticky".  Did I miss the relevant one?  Interestingly one of the most recent  results was a post by Host Kat  on August 21 this year in which she referenced a "sticky" so I am even more puzzled.

Edited by edinburgher