Mistake fares - are they honored?

BamaVol

I’m planning a summer cruise with Princess and have been testing out various ships and itineraries.  I picked one and priced an interior cabin.  The cabin selection I was shown were all balcony and deluxe balcony cabins.  At an interior price!  What are the chances I could book and keep one?  I tried asking for balcony and got a mini suite at a balcony price.  Just more typical Princess website glitches, I suppose.  But might someone not notice and let me keep it?

23 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I’m planning a summer cruise with Princess and have been testing out various ships and itineraries.  I picked one and priced an interior cabin.  The cabin selection I was shown were all balcony and deluxe balcony cabins.  At an interior price!  What are the chances I could book and keep one?  I tried asking for balcony and got a mini suite at a balcony price.  Just more typical Princess website glitches, I suppose.  But might someone not notice and let me keep it?

I’d put a deposit on it. Maybe it’s a one UG sale.  I’d like to book it. Any hints?  

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

Do you like long cruises?

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

4 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

This one is 7 nights. But, yes, I prefer longer. 😆

I found another one, 10 days, but

you pick the cabin, even though it is a balcony, the fare is IA category, and the pic shows an interior.  Don’t think they would honor it, but IDK.

Let us know if you are able to do it.

Edited by PacnGoNow

This was a problem with the Princess website during the restart.  You would select interior as a category and balcony cabins would appear for selection.  After selecting a cabin, an error page would show appear.  Never let you get to entering passenger details or payment info.

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Did it let you complete the booking?

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Did it let you complete the booking?

I didn’t go that far. I worry that it would. Then 90 days out, no other cabins left, I get a bill for the difference and a take it or leave it message. 

I’m meeting my TA Friday and we will discuss it if it still comes up. 

This happens with airfares and it usually generates a refusal to honor and a refund. I don’t want that. I want a cabin. 

Edited by BamaVol

8 hours ago, SCX22 said:

This was a problem with the Princess website during the restart.  You would select interior as a category and balcony cabins would appear for selection.  After selecting a cabin, an error page would show appear.  Never let you get to entering passenger details or payment info.

It lets you go to the booking page with the cabin and price. But, I didn’t try to purchase it either.

No error messages.  

12 minutes ago, david63 said:

I don't know if there is any connection but in the UK there is currently a free upgrade deal - although reading the deal it does not mention inside cabins.

I thought so too, until I went to book it.  It shows you have an IA category that you paid for and the actual cabin is a balcony cabin. 

So, it sure looks like an error.  It doesn’t do that on every deck, only a few decks.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 12:52 PM, linaka625 said:

I was looking at the prices on Enchanted for June 22, 2024, and it just doesn't look right for the Princess Premier package.  I booked it right away.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  This price is for 3 people in an MF Mini Suite.

image.thumb.png.54fc317d8c82cfdb9740649a57e93581.png

I booked the Princess Premier package when I saw this in February, 2023.  So far, the price has been honored.

I have no idea how they would handle this. If you book a specific room number at whatever price they charge you, brand goodwill would suggest they would honor it as it is really not much different in price comparatively. I suspect if they try and say it was a misprice they would exercise their right to change your cabin to an IA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I didn’t go that far. I worry that it would. Then 90 days out, no other cabins left, I get a bill for the difference and a take it or leave it message. 

I’m meeting my TA Friday and we will discuss it if it still comes up. 

This happens with airfares and it usually generates a refusal to honor and a refund. I don’t want that. I want a cabin. 

Try to book - it doesn't work. 

Believe it's been glitchy since 2021 on certain cruises, but it will show an error message and not let you book. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Believe it's been glitchy since 2021 on certain cruises, but it will show an error message and not let you book. 

I think it is widespread now.  Tried to book 2025 Canada/Greenland just released for elites about 1/2 hour ago.  Same thing, now an error response on every booking.

What a shame.  SMH

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

46 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think it is widespread now.  Tried to book 2025 Canada/Greenland just released for elites about 1/2 hour ago.  Same thing, now an error response on every booking.

What a shame.  SMH

Maybe a TA would have the ability.  I’m not giving up hope yet.

• Like 1