Hmm - last time with P&O for us.

bazzaw

On 10/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

My "Live(ish)" thread will be for the whole of our Japan trip including both cruises, Diamond and Explorer. We fly out on the 28th of this month so I'll probably start the thread a day or two before that. 

Is there a link to your thread please?

• 2 weeks later...

I think our experience would be "hmm-FIRST & last time with P&O for us". 

Just back from Pacific Adventure Bounty Cruise on Sat & guess that P&O and us are not a good match. We chose the cruise purely for the itinerary (Norfolk Is, Tonga, Fiji and Noumea) & we enjoyed them all. Good weather and spending times with friends and family was good & we met some nice people. 

Not all bad, & we did enjoy our time, but RC, Princess & Carnival are clearly a better match for us for sure.

Food was just OK, food variety was poor, entertainment so-so & lack of communication & organisation was terrible. Staff did their best but the whole ship is just a bit off in terms of delivering a memorable experience. We didnt mind the ship itself and our 14th deck balcony cabin was really good.

Anyway, we went with doubts that it would be what we would want, and we pretty well got that 🙂Still, we got 15N of no cooking and cleaning and the beer was cold and freely available 🙂 so not all bad.

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I think our experience would be "hmm-FIRST & last time with P&O for us". 

Just back from Pacific Adventure Bounty Cruise on Sat & guess that P&O and us are not a good match. We chose the cruise purely for the itinerary (Norfolk Is, Tonga, Fiji and Noumea) & we enjoyed them all. Good weather and spending times with friends and family was good & we met some nice people. 

Not all bad, & we did enjoy our time, but RC, Princess & Carnival are clearly a better match for us for sure.

Food was just OK, food variety was poor, entertainment so-so & lack of communication & organisation was terrible. Staff did their best but the whole ship is just a bit off in terms of delivering a memorable experience. We didnt mind the ship itself and our 14th deck balcony cabin was really good.

Anyway, we went with doubts that it would be what we would want, and we pretty well got that 🙂Still, we got 15N of no cooking and cleaning and the beer was cold and freely available 🙂 so not all bad.

Mr Walker, young Neil, were Tuxedos/Dinner Suits in gay abundance in the MDR?

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg.22bfbf9287f629ad186693638e877f81.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Mr Walker, young Neil, were Tuxedos/Dinner Suits in gay abundance in the MDR?

No Les, not too many dressed like that. There were some well-dressed folk for the Gatsby night, and many went to a deal of effort for the Back to School, Bianco & Halloween nights.

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I haven't created it yet. I'll start it later this week. We fly to Japan on Saturday.

Hi Julie

Did you get the live up and running?

Is there a link?

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Julie

Did you get the live up and running?

Is there a link?

It's there but I fizzled out on updating it when we got Covid on the second cruise. The first cruise was very port intensive so I couldn't keep up with it on that cruise so I just got further and further behind. I have lots of notes so might have time to finish it one day if anyone is still interested.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2970877-liveish-cruising-from-japan/

• Like 1