10 day PC itinerary. Which nights are formal?

lizjoemom

Hi all, this is my first Princess cruise on the Emerald. We will be doing PC from FLL over Thanksgiving. It is a 10 day cruise and I was wondering which nights are formal nights and are formal nights usually the lobster night? I am looking at booking our specialty dining but don't want to miss the formal nights in the MDR. Thanks for the info!

Usually a sea day, but never the last evening before disembarkation. The 1st formal night will probably be the 16th or 18th. The 2nd most likely the 22nd. The 2nd formal night usually has the lobster tail. Have you checked the journey view in the app. If you are lucky the information may be there. Imagine Thanksgiving the menu will include traditional turkey. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lizjoemom said:

Hi all, this is my first Princess cruise on the Emerald. We will be doing PC from FLL over Thanksgiving. It is a 10 day cruise and I was wondering which nights are formal nights and are formal nights usually the lobster night? I am looking at booking our specialty dining but don't want to miss the formal nights in the MDR. Thanks for the info!

You need to supply the itinerary with dates and departure times from ports for accurate information. 

ETA:  You gave enough info that I could look up your cruise itinerary but it is best to include in your post so we can just respond.

FN #1 - a no-brainer for Nov 16.  It is your 2nd night out and a Sea Day and they always schedule the first one ASAP as the theme is Captain's Welcome Aboard.  They do the champagne flute tower in the Piazza that night.

FN #2 - normally, this would be a no-brainer for Nov 22 since it is a Sea Day.  Will never be Nov 24 Sea Day since that is your last night.  There is a small chance they could schedule it on Nov 23 simply because that is Thanksgiving Day for USA and vast majority of guests will be Americans.  What takes me away from it is the 5:00pm departure time (all-aboard of 4:30pm).  Usually, if they are doing FN on a port day, look for a 4:00pm or earlier departure. 

If you want to check before getting on the ship, look for the Activities schedule in the App close to sail date and they will identify Formal Portraits or Casual Portraits and that is your indicator for the dinner.  Not to say the schedule will be 100% accurate all the time. 

Edited by Steelers36