Alaska out of Seattle-last evening in Victoria BC.

sunnysideup

Our Alaska cruise out of Seattle has the last evening in port at Victoria BC from 5:30 pm until midnight. Anyone have experience with this and could tell me what time you had to put luggage outside the cabin?  Wondering how this is coordinated if guests are off the ship in port. 

seems like a short stop..city might be lovely all lit up..Maybe u can book an X excursion .. traffic can back up there..I would not stray.

Hopefully,  ship will have worked out luggage schedule,  but you'd have to be packed up during the day except for carryon/ overnight bag..  What tike is the disembark,?

2 hours ago, sunnysideup said:

what time you had to put luggage outside the cabin?  Wondering how this is coordinated if guests are off the ship in port. 

10pm.  Coordinated?  It's the guests' responsibility to do or not.

While we love Victoria and Butchart Gardens. Just not worth our time when X stops in the evening. We live in the Seattle area and take the train to Vancouver BC for a better cruise. Also enjoy seeing the goats at Beacon Hill Children's Farm near the cruise terminal. Our cruise left from Vancouver BC last week.

I did take the shuttle into town to get our rental car. The shuttle was 15 Canadian for round trip. Dropped me off at the Empress Hotel. The inner harbor is very nice. All lite up at night. Nice restaurants if you want a change from X. Butchart Gardens should be lite up in the evening. I love going to BG in Dec to see the Holiday lights.

Just did this cruise a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure the instructions were to put bags in the hall by 10PM.  We went on an excursion (Lantern Walk at Butchart Gardens) and were due back before 10PM but someone on our bus accidentally got on another bus and we waited for half an hour for their return.  So, got back to the ship later than planned. We hadn't put our bags out prior to excursion but did as soon as we returned (we weren't the only ones) and didn't have a problem. Sorry to have caused extra work for the attendants, though.

We did the evening Butchart Garden tour last June through Celebrity.  It was basically a sprint through the gardens.  I think we got maybe 90 minutes there. Luckily we had been once before, but I would have been extremely unhappy if it were my first time. Also the gift shop was closed even though there were a number of busses from the ship tours.  

Edited by dcbiker97