Rollator/walker on Grand tenders

Lexicat

Does anybody know if I can take my walker on the tenders on Grand Princess?  I believe they use the lifeboats   The walker folds horizontally to a width of 12 inches and I can carry it up a few steps if needs be.

Edited by Lexicat
Typo

I can't specifically speak for Grand Princess, but on Island Princess (one class older) people with walkers were able to use the tenders if they could walk down the gangway into the tender and also up the gangway onto the pier.  The crew would carry the walkers up the gangway and another would assist the guest up the ramp.

One thing to note, it appears that while the tenders can be used as lifeboats, all lifeboats can't be used as tenders.  If you look at the bottom of the hulls when the boats are up on the davits, you will notice the difference.

Yes you can bring them. You will have to be able to step without the aid of the walker from the pontoon onto the tender. The staff will aid and support you. Both the ship and the tender may be moving in all directions. Once on the tender you have to be able to walk down a few steps to the bench seats. You will also get assistance for these steps. The staff will store your walker on the tender. 

Edited by skynight

Very few passengers know that there is an elevator from deck 4 to the tender landing.  All you have to do is be able to get on the tender with some assistance.  But then, you will have to negotiate a few steps inside the tender.

Not mentioned as of yet, I have been on tenders that departed the ship with the ocean as smooth as a bathtub.  When we returned, the tender was going up and down like a yo-yo and we had to jump to the platform and landing will be on you.  Yes, there is crew to help catch you on landing to help steady you when you land.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob