solo reservations on SDP

sqwertbird

This is the first time I booked the special dining package as a free-at-sea.  I am sailing solo but notice reservations are always a minimum of two, and for some of the only day at sea, the minimum seems to be four.  Is there a penalty for me booking a larger table as a solo cruiser?

1 minute ago, sqwertbird said:

This is the first time I booked the special dining package as a free-at-sea.  I am sailing solo but notice reservations are always a minimum of two, and for some of the only day at sea, the minimum seems to be four.  Is there a penalty for me booking a larger table as a solo cruiser?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

No penalty. The only place that it matters is Teppanyaki. You should book those reservations first to avoid charges. And ensure that you release any extra seats once you are onboard. 

You definitely don't want to book a 8-top for yourself because you are tying up a very limited resource. 

Other than Teppanyaki it makes literally ZERO difference to change a 2-top reservation for a solo.  You're getting exactly the same table when you get seated.  The same is the case for any odd-numbered parties - book the next-higher number to get the size table you need.

7 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

U booked a table for 2 and then just updated it to be 1 when I got on board. Very easy.

and, as I said, there is ZERO reason to stress about adjusting the reservation to 1.  The table size is the same - just book for two (except at Teppanyaki) and enjoy your vacation, just show up by yourself when it's time for dinner...