Wine List?

spdwain

Does anyone have a wine list from a recent cruise?  We are sailing on Vision and enjoy a glass, or bottle, of wine with our dinner; but would never be able to justify the price of the beverage package. Just curious on the prices.

The easiest way to see options is on the app.  It will show what is offered in the various venues.  Be aware that many of the wines listed are not available.  Don't forget you may bring one bottle per adult in the cabin. There is no corkage, and you may bring the bottle or a glass anywhere. 

Glass prices start at about $10. 

M

We were on Vision in June, and we also like to have a glass of wine with dinner.  I was given a wine list at dinner but still could not find a particular wine.  The printed list was not the same as what you will find on the RC app once onboard. Later I did find Estancia on the app but it was not listed on the printed list.  Furthermore, some wines were ONLY available in the main dining room.  At least that is what we were told.  Prices per glass about 9.00.  Price per bottle is at least 3 to 4 times what you would pay at home and probably comes with a 15.00 uncorking fee (I don't know as we did not buy a bottle).  Meomi was listed at 62.00 a bottle, no by the glass option. We can buy Meomi for 20.00 at home and have bought it for 15.00 in other states.  If we are driving, we usually bring 2 bottles with us.  Hope this isn't too confusing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spdwain said:

Could that be it?  Does the app work more robustly on the ship?

Yes and yes. The app info gets more complete/accurate closer to sailing. Set the app to the current sailing (not yours) for fairly good info.

• Like 1

One other thing, and this may not be an issue now (it was on our last few cruises)...  The wine list at Vintages was out of date.  They did not have many of the wines printed on the menu.  It was easier/quicker to ask them what wines they actually had (as opposed to picking one from the menu and being told it wasn't available)  😉  

Someone posted the wine list on this site a few weeks ago. Wine list published is not always accurate, I was happy with the wine selection on my last rccl cruise and if you are diamond plus or buy UDP you get 40 percent off all wine bottles under a hundred , we had a nice bottle every night .

By the glass can(?) be iffy when doing so in the dining room. Though I probably could not tell the difference I like to see the wine I asked for poured from the bottle which will not happen there. I generally grab a glass at one of the bars when heading into the dining room. Selection is always hit or miss at any venue.

• Like 2