Tendering after dark?

gardening_diva

When you're at a tender port and the ship is due to sail late evening (11PM), for how long do Viking run the tenders/shuttles from the mainland? Do they stop at sunset or do they keeping going until an hour or two before departure time (even if it's dark)?
I know I can listen to announcements before going ashore, but my question was more about whether Viking has a policy to NOT run tenders when it gets dark. If they stop around sunset, then I know I can't make any plans *in advance* for evening activities ashore. Thanks!

It depends.  On some overnight stops we have had them run all night.  A more limited schedule of course.  Other times, if there is a Midnight sailaway for example, tenders might stop running at 11:00pm.  Always posted in the elevators, on your cabin tv, and in the daily, plus announcements.   I have not seen them stop just because it was sunset if the sailaway was later in the evening.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gardening_diva said:

When you're at a tender port and the ship is due to sail late evening (11PM), for how long do Viking run the tenders/shuttles from the mainland? Do they stop at sunset or do they keeping going until an hour or two before departure time (even if it's dark)?
I know I can listen to announcements before going ashore, but my question was more about whether Viking has a policy to NOT run tenders when it gets dark. If they stop around sunset, then I know I can't make any plans *in advance* for evening activities ashore. Thanks!

Tendering operations are at the discretion of the local harbourmaster. The tenders are equipped to operate 24/7, so I can't foresee any port would force them to stop at sunset.

As Jim posted, the schedule will be reduced in the later part of the evening, with the last tender returning to the ship, with the shore infrastructure and personnel, about 22:30 to 22:45, for a 23:00 departure. I suspect the later tenders will have more crew than pax.

• Like 2