Survey

Scotsrich

Anyone received an email from Virgin about a survey with a promise of $200 onboard credit to be used on your ‘next voyage’ ? ( note the exact wording)

Well I filled it in and sent an email later asking if it would be here in time for my ‘next voyage’ which is on the 8th.

I received an email back saying it is only for future voyages booked between certain dates.

So I replied saying it didn’t say that anywhere and I considered my ‘next voyage’ to be the one I hadn’t sailed on.

Maybe I’m stirring it a bit and if I don’t get anything then I’m not really too bothered but at the least I’ll give the marketing team something to think about next time 😆

• Like 1

I ran into this last time they did these big surveys.  I had 2 upcoming voyages, and both my husband and I did the surveys.  We got access keys for new bookings.  We ultimately fought with sailor services to get $200 loot on each of those voyages (1 per survey between the 2 of us) because we clearly had very different definitions of “your next voyage.”

Good luck!

This is what I got September 20.

I don't want to play the semantics game, but the choice of words they used are clear.

$200 in onboard credit to use on your next voyage. They could have used next booking, but they didn't, and that would be a different offer.

They also never state anything about it being in the form of an access code, only that it would be shared.

They also never provided any details in an agreement or terms within this offer or during the survey.

So one should expect it to be applied on their next voyage.

Edited by -The-True-North-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

This is what I got September 20.

I don't want to play the semantics game, but the choice of words they used are clear.

$200 in onboard credit to use on your next voyage. They could have used next booking, but they didn't, and that would be a different offer.

They also never state anything about it being in the form of an access code, only that it would be shared.

They also never provided any details in an agreement or terms within this offer or during the survey.

So one should expect it to be applied on their next voyage.

That was exactly the point I made in my email to Virgin.

Going by the first reply to my post this isn’t the first time they have been challenged about this. Mind you, in my experiences with Virgin some of their admin leaves a lot to be desired.

For example I filled in my sailor details months ago on the app. I got an email this morning literally as I was getting ready to walk out the door to catch my flight that the photo on my passport wasn’t clear enough. They’ve had flipping months to find this out but they leave it till 3 days before my cruise. Not happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scotsrich said:

Going by the first reply to my post this isn’t the first time they have been challenged about this. Mind you, in my experiences with Virgin some of their admin leaves a lot to be desired.

For example I filled in my sailor details months ago on the app. I got an email this morning literally as I was getting ready to walk out the door to catch my flight that the photo on my passport wasn’t clear enough. They’ve had flipping months to find this out but they leave it till 3 days before my cruise. Not happy.

I sent my email as well. I will keep you all updated on their response.

Can I ask did you have to put up a big fight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotsrich said:

My first VV cruise, they decided my photo wasn't good enough as I was walking onto the ship....it showed up as no good when they scanned my bracelet.  To their credit, it took then less than  5 seconds to shoot one they liked.

39 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

My first VV cruise, they decided my photo wasn't good enough as I was walking onto the ship....it showed up as no good when they scanned my bracelet.  To their credit, it took then less than  5 seconds to shoot one they liked.

The image on my passport is so bad even when I tried to re sent it it still kept on getting rejected. So I had no option but to cut out a picture from an old passport, place it on my current passport and photograph that one. I just hope it doesn’t complicate matters on boarding. They accepted it months ago but now it was a problem?

Like I said I was literally walking out the door and luckily checked my emails just before I left. I even had to reboot the broadband in the house to resend the picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redransom said:

I think there's quite a few people who want their $200. The original email was very clear and there were no conditions attached. 

I sent a very clear and through email stating exactly that.

You can't attach term and conditions after the fact. Go against common law.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, redransom said:

I think there's quite a few people who want their $200. The original email was very clear and there were no conditions attached. 

yep, they pulled this garbage last year when they sent the first "big" survey like this out.  at that point, we had at least FOUR upcoming voyages already booked, so it wasn't like we could just up and book another one to take advantage of this whopping $200 credit.  i was able to get hold of a manager in sailor services, and they ultimately caved and added it to 2 of our upcoming voyages (one credit for each of the 2 voyages because we'd both taken the survey).

15 hours ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Anyone have any luck getting the $200 credit added to an existing booking this time around? 
I already have 5 upcoming voyages booked and don’t plan to book any more. 

Im in the same boat (sorry!) as you. I emailed sailor services and they said this, which is even worse-

The access key code for the $200 is not compatible with MNVV bookings, therefore any of your MNVV bookings it can't be applied.