Destiny broke a propeller

dorothyl

Just got off the phone with Carnival, they said (as posted) that they will start embarking at around 8:00PM and will probably set sail around midnight.

She said that there was a problem with one of the propellors causing the ship not to be able to go at normal speed. She assured me that the problem was fixed and it would not interupt any other sailings.

GAWD I HOPE SHE'S RIGHT!!!!

TwoPointDoe

Rumours abound! It would appear the problem could be anything from a rudder, to a propeller, to a broken leg (a passenger, not the ship).

The rudder jammed, the propeller hit it, a piece broke off and flew into a passenger's leg and broke it.

OK...I admit it...I made that up..but I bet I could sell that story to the National Cruise Enquirer!:D

Lucky you. It is due to be freezing here all week. The saying here is Buffalo must have opened the door and the cold air is blowing in. My husband and I debated between a Carnival cruise out of NYC or a trip to Vegas in April, went with 5 days in Vegas( he had never been, I have for work) but it is not that warm there right now either.

Am definately booking cruise for late this year early next either with Carnival or NCL.

Our family has let us know that they will not be home until at least late Tuesday night or Wednesday as there is trouble getting flights out and accomodating all. Again, I will repeat, there are far worse situations to be in.

They are safe, had a good time until this and they are all safe and in sunny San Juan for a couple more days. Will let you know when they actually phone tonight once they are off the ship as to what is going on and how Carnival covered it.

It's a beautiful sunny day and here I am on the computer waiting for news! All we can do is keep watching and keep hoping all is okay.

It's two weeks out for us yet - I have faith! I can only hope that if it breaks down again, it's AFTER we're ON it. I could use a couple extra days either floating around at sea or in SJ.

Hi all,

Booked for the Destiny for August 27th, so naturally, was a bit curious about this latest bit of news. Anyway, for the last day or so, I have been trying to get into the Carnval site, (Its currently 3:40pm on Sunday, on the east coast) but the site says its own for maintenance. Is everyone else getting this message as well?

Thanks

Marc

We are waiting by the keyboard as well. We sail on the Destiny in three weeks.

Have had the same problem with the Carnival site today as well. Was considering looking at excursions to compare to what I have booked on my own. Site has been down since this morning.

Home

Thank you for visiting Carnival.com.

We are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance in order to continue providing our visitors with smooth sailing online. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to check back with us later.

Carnival Cruise Lines

:-( Maybe they just don't like me? Maybe they are punishing me for going back tot he site too much? Maybe I just keep hitting the wrong server?

Mginsb8256, did you try clearing out your cookies? Sounds like your computer is picking up a screen you hit earlier and keeps hitting the same place. I'm not having any problems with the Carnival site at all.

Derf, as much as I love Carnival, I have to say communication is not one of their strong points!

Cruisemom.. Great minds think alike! Just finished clearing my footprints on AOL, and got to the Carnival page fine. Thanks for all your input my cruisecriting buddies. Now to the much more important matter at hand, the Desity's Desitny! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Marc

I was wondering if you can make a list of all the shore excursion that are avaiable on the destiny and there prices..... if you can please send me the shore excursion and there prices to my email address y7anks3@aol.com

:)

Archived