Latest possible disembarkation time after arrival in Miami

LONGLEAVER

On 10/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, LONGLEAVER said:

We dock in Miami at 7.00am, can anyone tell me what the latest disembarkation time is when in the Haven please?

I don't fly home until 16.45, does anyone have any suggestions what to do with our luggage and spend a few hours before going to the airport?

Many Thanks

We had a similar situation just a few months ago in Miami. We took the bus to the Miami Airport with almost 9 hours to kill before our flight. American let us check our bags 9 hours before our flight. Without bags we took off to run our own excursion on the light rail system. Go upstairs to the free People Mover, which will take you to the Metro Rail station. An all day pass is $5 so you can get on and off as much as you want. We headed south - getting off in the downtown area, at Coconut Grove and a couple other stops. We spent enough time to kill 6 hours before heading back to the Miami airport for our flight and had a great time doing it. Just a suggestion ….

• Like 2

I was told by Miami Airport employees that each airline at the airport has their own rules about how early you can check bags before your flight. We were flying American Airlines. The AA rep told us that they would accept bags up to 9 hours before a flight. We checked them as you normally would via the kiosks in front of the AA check in counter.

I also learned that the Miami Airport has a baggage hold service. I think it’s on the 3rd floor. They charge by baggage size but I don’t know their hours of operation. We didn’t have to pursue this option when we found out we could just check the bags with the airline.

• Like 1