P&O fly cruise

pol374

Hi I'm booking the fly cruise on P&O from london to barbados sailing on the Brittania. I want to upgrade to premium economy on the flight and I was told that they use Tui or Jet 2. I found videos for the Tui seat but cant find any info on the Jet 2 premium economy seat. Has anyone been on the Jet 2 flight?

thanks

8 minutes ago, pol374 said:

Is it just Tui then? I phoned P&O and they told me they use either Tui or Jet2

Jet 2 is used for Malta and Tenerife flights. P&O are uing Tui and Maleth Aero for the Caribbean for wimter 23-24. not sure about other years

When is your cruise? We are gong January '24 and fortunately we are flying with Tui, but many are now flying with Maleth Aero and even if they booked Premium they now can't fly premium as Maleth doesn't have it - P&O has refunded the premium payment.  The planes also don't have on board entertainment - on a 9 hour flight that could get awfully boring!

27 minutes ago, pol374 said:

Its 10th Jan 2025 and I want to travel premium economy. I def dont want to go on the Maleth flight. When do you get told what airport (we're travelling from london) and what airline?

Thanks

Flights are generally allocated around 3 months before the season starts.  There is no guarantee that in 2025 either of these airlines will be allocated to anyone.  Historically it has been TUI and with Thomss Cook before their demise.  Some in the past were with scheduled airlines rather than the charter.

Generally as a rule the earlier you book the more chance you will get the PE.  However you have absolutely no choice or control over the flights as P&O has to book a contract with the airline. 

Edited by Megabear2

2 minutes ago, pol374 said:

Thanks for that

I would say if you really want to do this go for it sooner rather than later if you want PE.  Incidentally only one flight this year from Gatwick is with Maleth, its mainly Arvia Manchester flights which have been affected badly by the plane shortage.

No one even knows what the flight arrangements will br for 2024/25 season yet, we will know in August/September next year.

6 minutes ago, pol374 said:

Oh I see how do you find out which flight is with Maleth?

Thanks

You won't be able to know who the airline is this far out.  Although P&O plan and sell cruises 2 years out the airlines set their schedules annually. It may not be Maleth in 2025 but it also may not be TUI.

You book a fly cruise with a guarantee of a flight there is no definite answer as to who it will be with.  It would normally be TUI but that cannot be confirmed until P&O confirm a contract. It's quite normal. Unfortunately this year there is a worldwide aircraft shortage which has led to there not being enough TUI planes.

If airline choice is very important to you unfortunately it is impossible to say who it will definitely be but the probability is it will be TUI with the proviso P&O can choose another option.  This far out it is impossible for anyone to say.

Earlier this year I booked a Caribbean cruise (sailing on Britannia) through a well known TA who advertise extensively in the national papers.

They made a mess of our booking which originally we were  flying PE out of Birmingham. 

When I enquired a few weeks ago they told me that there were no PE seats available out of Birmingham and that we could only fly economy.

The advertisement in the paper clearly stated book a suite and get PE flights included in the price.

To be fair to the TA they recorded our booking and admitted the sales agent made a mistake in our booking.

As compensation the TA agreed to arrange private transfers for us if we agreed to fly out of Gatwick.

We agreed as long as we get the PE seats, which they said were booked for us.

We have checked online and see that it states a TUI flight, which is fine, however we cannot book our seats until 14 weeks before we fly. ( in two weeks time)

If they decide to swap aircraft and choose Maleth we will simply not go, as Malath do not supply a PE upgrade.

I am 6''4' and cannot be done with travelling 8 hours in economy.

millions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mklions said:

Earlier this year I booked a Caribbean cruise (sailing on Britannia) through a well known TA who advertise extensively in the national papers.

They made a mess of our booking which originally we were  flying PE out of Birmingham. 

When I enquired a few weeks ago they told me that there were no PE seats available out of Birmingham and that we could only fly economy.

The advertisement in the paper clearly stated book a suite and get PE flights included in the price.

To be fair to the TA they recorded our booking and admitted the sales agent made a mistake in our booking.

As compensation the TA agreed to arrange private transfers for us if we agreed to fly out of Gatwick.

We have checked online and see that it states a TUI flight, which is fine, however we cannot book our seats until 14 weeks before we fly. ( in two weeks time)

If they decide to swap aircraft and choose Maleth we will simply not go, as Malath do not supply a PE upgrade.

millions.

If it says TUI it will be TUI unless they need to get a different aircraft in e.g Dreamliner gone tech or they may not have the crew.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mklions said:

millions.

Hi - I knew well in advance of the 14 weeks that we were flying with Tui - have you looked on the cruise personaliser as your flight should be confirmed if you are flying Tui, though seat reservations can't be made until 14 weeks beforehand and good luck with that.  I got an email on the Friday to say I could book seats from 00.01 on the Saturday.  I stayed up and gave up at half past midnight as I couldn't get on the site.  I got up at 05.40 and managed to get the seat selector up only to discover that all window seats had gone and there were only 2 sets of 2 seats still left together, so I booked one of those as I want to sit next to my husband! Since then I haven't been able to access the seat selector again and I've heard that there is a problem with the site that P&O are trying to rectify. By the way you will need to pay £90 EACH i.e. £180 to book seats - this fee applies to all seats (£45) per seat each way) not just PE.

7 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - I knew well in advance of the 14 weeks that we were flying with Tui - have you looked on the cruise personaliser as your flight should be confirmed if you are flying Tui, though seat reservations can't be made until 14 weeks beforehand and good luck with that.  I got an email on the Friday to say I could book seats from 00.01 on the Saturday.  I stayed up and gave up at half past midnight as I couldn't get on the site.  I got up at 05.40 and managed to get the seat selector up only to discover that all window seats had gone and there were only 2 sets of 2 seats still left together, so I booked one of those as I want to sit next to my husband! Since then I haven't been able to access the seat selector again and I've heard that there is a problem with the site that P&O are trying to rectify. By the way you will need to pay £90 EACH i.e. £180 to book seats - this fee applies to all seats (£45) per seat each way) not just PE.

Wow,

That's amazing that the seats fill so quickly, I'm also amazed that people are prepared to stay up into the early hours to book their seats.

I guess we will have to plan to do the same.

We have always managed to get PE seats together and I don't remember having to book them on the same day that they become available.

Our flights on our cruise personaliser are shown as flying with TUI, so hopefully they will not change aircraft.

1 hour ago, mklions said:

Wow,

That's amazing that the seats fill so quickly, I'm also amazed that people are prepared to stay up into the early hours to book their seats.

I guess we will have to plan to do the same.

We have always managed to get PE seats together and I don't remember having to book them on the same day that they become available.

Our flights on our cruise personaliser are shown as flying with TUI, so hopefully they will not change aircraft.

Generally by 4.00am all the pairs and most middle couple seats are gone.  Many do these cruises year in year out and ss such plan to burn the midnight oil for their PE seat reservations.