Seeing lower fare after booking

rove312

Hello,

We booked the Uniworld Budapest-Amsterdam cruise for April 2024 in a Classic stateroom at a base fare of $7499 per person, before discounts for early booking and Heritage Club membership, and adding port charges.  Now we see the Classic quoted for that cruise at $5499, and a French Balcony at $7499.  Do people have experience taking advantage of this?  Assuming a cash refund can't be hoped for, perhaps being rebooked to the French Balcony at no charge?  On our first Uniworld cruise, we were given a credit for extra purchases onboard, and weren't sure if that went with booking through a travel agent, or it was because a lower fare could have been booked later.  Anyway, any advice on this and how to approach them?

A couple of weeks after I had booked my springtime trip this year and paid in full, I noticed that the price had gone down. I called my TA and she contacted Uniworld and they gave me a courtesy credit back to my original form of payment. I know others who have done the same. It seems that, although they are not required to do this, they very frequently do as a courtesy.

25 minutes ago, rove312 said:

This booking wasn't done through a travel agent.  I don't think I could involve the TA who booked our first cruise over a year ago; this is our third Uniworld cruise.

Then call Uniworld directly and ask politely. 😊 Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks.  I contacted them through the site chat, and asked about either money back or an upgrade, and they gave us the complimentary upgrade to the French Balcony.  It would have been nice to have the money back in hand, but I was ready to see the upgrade as the best possibility, and that should be nice.

• Like 3

I think you will love it.  I know many folks here extol the 'swan' cabins as perfectly fine at a big savings, but we find the view through the huge French balcony window to be worth the extra cost, even though we rarely open the door.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think you will love it.  I know many folks here extol the 'swan' cabins as perfectly fine at a big savings, but we find the view through the huge French balcony window to be worth the extra cost, even though we rarely open the door.

I agree. We always booked a suite or a French balcony. For my next cruise, I’ve booked a deluxe cabin, which still has a decent size window, but purely due to cost for solo cruising. If they post solo specials, I’ll be calling to see if I can upgrade. 😉