National Express Luggage Weight

marieps

DW and I will have two bags each (1 LG, 1 carry on) for the bus trip from Victoria to Southampton on NE.  Hers is a bit over the 20kg weight limit.  How strict are they on the number of bags and weight.  Thanks to those in the know.

I took the National Express service two weeks ago and had bags that were 50pounds each. There was no process to weigh the bags when loading the bus and I was not charged for the excess weight. Note that you will need to pay for the carryon bags unless they are really small and capable of fitting in a very small/narrow overhead compartment 

We took national express coach from Heathrow to Southampton in August.   Nobody weighed bags.  We gave the driver our bags and he put them inside the luggage compartment on the bus

• Like 1

No weighing of bags, as the other posts indicate.

We had 1 checked size bag & 1 carry on each, we gave these bags over to the driver and then I carried the Rxs and real valuables in a gym sized bag that had a trolley sleeve.  Easy to wheel up to the National Express on top of the luggage.  It was small enough to pass as a personal item - I stuck my handbag in it and was able to keep it with us for security.

• Like 1