Sri Lanka Visa Help

lost.emperor

I need help with my Sri Lanka visa for my upcoming Mumbai to Singapore Symphony cruise.

I had applied for a Transit Visa for free for the initial one day Colombo stop as instructed here

https://eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/shortvisit.jsp... , with a view to applying for a second Transit Visa for the Tricomalee stop as it was separated by a sea day.

However, once my visa was granted, I'm now blocked from making a second application. Does anyone know a workaround to this? Might the problem be sorted onboard when we arrive at port?

7 minutes ago, lost.emperor said:

That's for a Tourist Visa. The Transit Visa is only good for 2 days.

Got it.

Someone might know but two suggestions:

One is to contact them by e-mail or phone:

Contact Details 

Department of Immigration and Emigration
Suhurupaya, Sri Subuthipura Road, Baththaramulla

Hotline : 0094 71 9967888
Telephone : 0094 70 1777555 , 0094 11 5329422
Fax : 0094 11 2674631
E-Mail : eta@immigration.gov.lk
Web Site: www.immigration.gov.lk 

Email : controller@immigration.gov.lk

The other one is to have your TA contact Crystal as I know they have been working on answers to visa questions for each voyage and they should have this information available for yours.

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

According to their website a visa for Sri Lanka is good for up to 30 days so you wouldn't need a second visa.

https://lka-egov.org/visas-and-requirements/

Keith

For everyone's info....this is NOT a Sri Lanka government website.  Per the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

Disclaimer: Sri Lanka lka-egov.org is an independent travel advisor and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any government agency or organization. We provide travel assistance services to individuals who are planning to travel to Sri Lanka . Our services are designed to help travelers navigate the complex travel requirements and procedures, and our team of experienced professionals provides personalized support to ensure that travelers have a seamless and hassle-free travel experience. Please note that Sri Lanka lka-egov.org is not a substitute for official government resources or processes, and we strongly advise travelers to refer to the relevant government websites and resources for the most up-to-date and accurate information.

5 hours ago, lost.emperor said:
I need help with my Sri Lanka visa for my upcoming Mumbai to Singapore Symphony cruise.

I had applied for a Transit Visa for free for the initial one day Colombo stop as instructed here

https://eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/shortvisit.jsp... , with a view to applying for a second Transit Visa for the Tricomalee stop as it was separated by a sea day.

You are having issues because a transit visa is just that....a visa for transiting a country for an onward passage out.

But since it is free, it seemed like the way to work around the fee for the tourist visa.  Correct?

You are not really leaving Sri Lanka with that sea day.  You enter on day 1, are still within the jurisdiction of Sri Lanka on that sea day, and you are processed out on day 3.  Which makes the "transit" not a transit.

Crystal is not the answer to your issue.  This is something that needs to be handled by the Sri Lankan authorities, as they are responsible for issuing and cancelling your visas.  Which is what is going to have to happen, IMO.  Your transit visa will be revoked and you will then need to get a tourist visa for the multiple days in Sri Lanka.

Be prepared for a phone call to Colombo, and note the time difference.

• Like 2