Moroccan Ports During Current Unrest

Texas Flood

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the Silver Nova - Morocco was cancelled for us - we were told for security reasons (but we went to Tunisia?).  There may have been demonstrations and a strike in Casablanca scheduled for the day we were to port there.  Really wish we had made Tangiers though.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, Texas Flood said:

Saw there are huge protests in Morocco.

If you're going to try and avoid countries where  there are large demonstrations, your choice is becoming increasingly limited. Just keep an eye out for anything developing beyond the simple right to protest, that you may consider puts you at risk. 

FWIW, my city has seen many thousands of demonstrators today, as the previous three Saturdays. It doesnt feel the slightest bit unsafe to me. Although I'd probably have felt a bit peeved by the sit-in at the main railway station if I'd been travelling. 

We're booked on a West Africa cruise departing in 2 weeks on Regent. They just cancelled our port call in Casablanca; replaced it with Lanzarote. Pity, as we had lunch reservations at Rick's Cafe -- were really looking forward to the experience.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just finished a voyage on Norwegian Star to Casablanca and Agadir and they cancelled these 2 ports at the last minute. Absolute overreaction to the situation as there is no trouble there. Very disappointed with the change and the cruise in general. Thinking of going Norwegian then think again, there organisation, food and entertainment etc is nowhere near as good as it was precovid. there are plenty of deals elsewhere.