5 Night Getaway MDR Menus

Dina7

Menus often rotate, no way to determine what will be on your cruise - they have 21 or so to choose from.  It's up to the head chef to decide, with some consideration as to availability of ingredients.  Some ships repeat menus, some rotate, especially if there is a high probability of B2B passengers.

@Dina7

I don't know how many Specialties you have but I would always do one the first night, especially early, as not many are prepared to do it then.

You might find it more important to book Specialties where and when you want as they are likely to fill up leaving you with restaurants you don't want at times you also don't want.

4 hours ago, Dina7 said:

Does anyone have mdr menus from a 5 Night cruise on the Getaway or any recent 5 night?

Trying to decide which night to do specialty dining. 

NCL has a selection of 21ish MDR menus that they select from. There is no way of telling exactly what will be offered each night. Specialty dining is most popular on sea days and those need to be booked exactly 120 days prior to departure (130 days for suites, 125 days for top-tier Latitudes and Club Balcony rooms)

3 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@Dina7

I don't know how many Specialties you have but I would always do one the first night, especially early, as not many are prepared to do it then.

Seems like most cruisers do the buffet and lunch and MDR for dinner on Embarkation Day, and both seem more crowded than any other time.

Celebrity actually offers a decent discount (35%?) if you prebook a specialty dinner the first night.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL has a selection of 21ish MDR menus that they select from. There is no way of telling exactly what will be offered each night. Specialty dining is most popular on sea days and those need to be booked exactly 120 days prior to departure (130 days for suites, 125 days for top-tier Latitudes and Club Balcony rooms)

No doubt true.

But here's an interesting point.

Every menu I've seen posted lately has followed the exact same menus for up to 7 days (that's the longest number of days I've seen). And on different vessels.

This includes your cruise last week.

• Thanks 1