Rotterdam excursion question

nikoo.s

Hi all!

We're doing our 2nd northern europe November Cruise with MSC soon, this time on Euribia. Very excited!

Last year when we went with Virtuosa we decided to visit Amsterdam after docking at Rotterdam. I've been to Amsterdam a couple of times now and thinking of switching it up this time and visiting Gouda, somewhere we've never been. Questions are is Gouda worth visiting? And what can we do or see there, any recommendations? Should we go with the MSC excursion and does anyone have any experience of what that's like? 

Thank you! 

Hi nikoo 

I just booked the MSC tour to Gouda this AM. It looks good value and again, we haven’t been there but have ‘done’ Amsterdam many times.

I also like shorted excursions as I hate missing out on the ships offerings! 
if you book, I hope you enjoy it! 
We’re not going until December.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Hi nikoo 

I just booked the MSC tour to Gouda this AM. It looks good value and again, we haven’t been there but have ‘done’ Amsterdam many times.

I also like shorted excursions as I hate missing out on the ships offerings! 
if you book, I hope you enjoy it! 
We’re not going until December.

Hey! 

We've gone ahead and booked it too. Exactly the same thinking as you, shorter excursions means more fun to be had on the ship, and somewhere new to see as well! 🙂

Hope you have a fab time when you go! 

• Like 1

Ships dock near the Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam https://www.cruiseportrotterdam.nl/directions/

Rotterdam itself is a nice place to visit with a lot of modern architecture (for example cube houses), bridges, the Euromast, the Market hall, lots of musea, etc.

Gouda is very different from Rotterdam, smaller, but also a nice place to visit. It has a very nice market area with many old buildings. The actual cheese market is only in summer (and very touristy). More info about Gouda can be found at https://welcometogouda.com/

Apart from cheese Gouda has also given its name to 'Goudse Stroofwafels' (sirop wafels). Be sure to buy some when in the Netherlands (any supermarket sells them, but the freshly prepared ones at special bakeries are of course nicer and usually bigger).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...