wine policy

ilanb100

Boarding an NCL cruise tomorrow. I have 5 bottles of limoncello. Is it allowed to bring on board? If not, is it possible to request that they keep the bottles on the ship during the cruise until I get off the cruise?

15 hours ago, ilanb100 said:

Boarding an NCL cruise tomorrow. I have 5 bottles of limoncello. Is it allowed to bring on board? If not, is it possible to request that they keep the bottles on the ship during the cruise until I get off the cruise?

Most likely they either will confiscate them and return them to you at the end of the cruise or else they will charge you a corkage fee and let you keep them.  It’s possible that you may slip them past the security check, but then they may take bags to the “naughty” room instead of delivering them to your room.  If they do, you will need to claim them and probably have to pay the corkage fee at that time.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Most likely they either will confiscate them and return them to you at the end of the cruise or else they will charge you a corkage fee and let you keep them.  It’s possible that you may slip them past the security check, but then they may take bags to the “naughty” room instead of delivering them to your room.  If they do, you will need to claim them and probably have to pay the corkage fee at that time.

If they have the FAS, and they are mistaken for wine, no corkage is charged.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ilanb100 said:

They might be confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise. You are allowed to bring wine onboard, and there's a corkage fee charged unless you have the Unlimited Beverage Package. However, limoncello is not a wine, it's a liqueur made with pure grain alcohol. As such, it might not be allowed. That being said, if you don't say anything and they don't check, you're probably fine.

17 hours ago, ilanb100 said:

Here's the policy. Most likely Limoncello would be confiscated and held until you disembark. It must be hand carried. It is not wine as asserted by the title of the thread. And when you disembark, regardless of the fact that you brought onboard with you, it is an import into your destination country. 

Can I bring alcohol on board?

All guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

Wine & Champagne Policy 

Corkage Fee is not applicable to guest with beverage package.

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.