Arrival times flexible?!

It’s been a few years since our last cruise and we’ve always shown up to port at 10-10:30 to board. I’m hearing that is no longer an option and your assigned arrival time has no flex and we’ll be turned away. Is that the new normal?

We are Emarald (Diamond after this cruise) and booked in a JS. Suites and/or C&A members used to be able to board early in our past experiences.

I should probably also mention we are on Allure out of Port Canaveral tomorrow. 😀

Thanks for any new info here!

Edited by johnstoc13

I sailed out out PC two weeks ago.  C&A level doesn't matter unless you're Pinnacle, at least not on the day I boarded.  I was in a Jr Suite and had a 10:30 arrival time.  They did have separate lines by boarding time and were funneling people into those lines and checking the time on your seapass. Once inside they had a line for those in suites.  It went pretty smoothly.  I'd stick pretty close to your arrival time on your seapass unless you got something really late. 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I sailed out out PC two weeks ago.  C&A level doesn't matter unless you're Pinnacle, at least not on the day I boarded.  I was in a Jr Suite and had a 10:30 arrival time.  They did have separate lines by boarding time and were funneling people into those lines and checking the time on your seapass. Once inside they had a line for those in suites.  It went pretty smoothly.  I'd stick pretty close to your arrival time on your seapass unless you got something really late. 

This is super helpful, thank you!! We have a 1pm boarding time so I guess we’ll shoot to arrive after noon(ish).

Edited by johnstoc13

2 minutes ago, johnstoc13 said:

This is super helpful, thank you!! We have a 1pm boarding time so I guess we’ll shoot to arrive after noon(ish).

I'll bet after noon-ish will be fine! 🙂   I'm getting on Allure in 6 weeks, don't trash the place, lol.  

Royal gives out the times and sends you messages to stick with your boarding times. That said usually it seems like it is not enforced unless there is long lines and they are behind.  I have not been out of Port C since Covid but I can tell you we cruised out of Miami a few weeks ago on the Harmony.  We had a 12:30 boarding time.  Our flight arrived at 9:30. We got to the port about 1030. We could have gotten on by 11 if we had not had to wait for my daughter coming from her hotel. Boarding was really fast and there was no real line. We were on about 11:45. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'll bet after noon-ish will be fine! 🙂   I'm getting on Allure in 6 weeks, don't trash the place, lol.  

Haha we won’t! How did the Wellness Check go? Same questionnaire as usual plus a temperature check?

4 minutes ago, volk904 said:

Royal gives out the times and sends you messages to stick with your boarding times. That said usually it seems like it is not enforced unless there is long lines and they are behind.  I have not been out of Port C since Covid but I can tell you we cruised out of Miami a few weeks ago on the Harmony.  We had a 12:30 boarding time.  Our flight arrived at 9:30. We got to the port about 1030. We could have gotten on by 11 if we had not had to wait for my daughter coming from her hotel. Boarding was really fast and there was no real line. We were on about 11:45. 

This has always been our experience. I totally understand the crowd control needs and would not complain if turned away. But we are traveling with kids this round so just trying to play it safe. 😀