Best Way to Book Excursion?

ohshin

Trying to determine the best (cheapest?) way to book a beach trip for family with kids (lil ones to early teen).

A long time ago, we used Shore Excursioneer.  For example, we are looking at Playa Mia @ Cozumel.  Booking direct is the same price as Shore Excursioneer. 

Thanks!

We have never booked a beach excursion in Coz - unless there is a saving (included transport?) just book with the beach club you want and pay for your own cab.  With little kids to teens I would also look at Paradise Beach - water toys for the teens, HUGE pool, better facilities and food IMHO.  It' your call.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:39 PM, ohshin said:

Booking direct is the same price as Shore Excursioneer.

In general, I try to book direct b/c I'd rather deal with the vendor themselves rather than a 3rd party and some 3rd party sites take a significant % of the amount paid.

I was e-mailing with a small independent catamaran/snorkel operator in St. Thomas and he told me TripAdvisor/Viator get 30% if you book through them. He was very nice and honest and said it was the cost of doing business and if I preferred to book through one of those to feel free (the one benefit was the book now, pay later feature whereas he would only take the full amount at the time of booking).

I told him I was not giving TripAdvisor 30% of his money out of principal (and I truly do prefer dealing direct).