Embarkation Mid Cruise - Enchanted Princess

mrlevin

Just curious about past experiences.

Sister-in-law died over the weekend.  Funeral 1 Nov in Orlando which happens to be same date we are/were scheduled to board in Civitavecchia.  Found out through travel agent that Princess allows mid-cruise embarkation but you need to fill out a form and they need three to five business days to process the form.  Cruise leaves in four business days.

We have asked to board in Athens on 5 Nov (Guy Fawkes Day).  Can I assume that Princess will eventually approve this so that I can get flights and pre-cruise hotel night?  Or, does Princess ever deny?  Do they ever deny when it is a major cruise port?  Travel Agent is escalating but looking for a "warm fuzzy" or "we/re screwed" input from past cruisers.

thanks,

Marc

46 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Just curious about past experiences.

Sister-in-law died over the weekend.  Funeral 1 Nov in Orlando which happens to be same date we are/were scheduled to board in Civitavecchia.  Found out through travel agent that Princess allows mid-cruise embarkation but you need to fill out a form and they need three to five business days to process the form.  Cruise leaves in four business days.

We have asked to board in Athens on 5 Nov (Guy Fawkes Day).  Can I assume that Princess will eventually approve this so that I can get flights and pre-cruise hotel night?  Or, does Princess ever deny?  Do they ever deny when it is a major cruise port?  Travel Agent is escalating but looking for a "warm fuzzy" or "we/re screwed" input from past cruisers.

thanks,

Marc

You are smart (as well as TA) to escalate because they can speak to the decision dept.  It seems quite possible to me to move to Greece instead of Italy.  It is really similar to situation where guest misses the ship due to transportation or weather delays and needs to catch up at a future port.

PS - Sorry for your loss and I hope you are going for more than a 7-night voyage or I would just cancel and re-book.

Edited by Steelers36

Steelers, thank you so much for your reply; it put my mind at ease while waiting for Princess and my TA.  In 24 hours I had new travel summary and new luggage tags all listing Athens on 5 November for boarding.  Still don't know what pier but we can figure that out once we are there.

Again, thanks,

Marc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 1:32 PM, mrlevin said:

Steelers, thank you so much for your reply; it put my mind at ease while waiting for Princess and my TA.  In 24 hours I had new travel summary and new luggage tags all listing Athens on 5 November for boarding.  Still don't know what pier but we can figure that out once we are there.

Again, thanks,

Marc

Glad you got things resolved Marc.  Sorry for your loss.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:32 PM, mrlevin said:

Again, thanks,

Marc

I always love reading about posters who get the good resolution I feel they can and should get.  Best to you and safe travels.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:32 AM, mrlevin said:

Again, thanks,

Marc

So sorry for your loss but glad you were able to get this sorted out relatively easily at a difficult time.

Thanks for ll the well wishes.  Beautiful funeral today; Friday we fly to Athens and board on Sunday.  Our friends got on in Rome today and have started the party; we will just have to catch when we do get on board.

Again, thanks so much for the well wishes.

Marc