A Compilation of Non-Haven Suite Information for Prima and Viva

Sammae

31 minutes ago, jame_g said:

Too late to edit. Clarification, it's most likely going to be Prima, Aqua, or possibly the Pearl in Jan 2026. My spouse liked the Pearl back in the day, so any comments on how well the Pearl has held up or changes in the non-Haven suites.

We were on the Pearl in the fall. It was fine. It’s a smaller, older ship. You can’t compare it to the Prima. Just got off the Prima last week. It’s like brand new. I know some people love it or hate it, it’s a lot of smaller venues, but we really liked it. We had an SJ suite and we loved the cabin, much more than the suite we had on the Pearl. We ate in the pay restaurants, the dining room as well as the Local and Indulge. We never found any of them to be overcrowded. Suites on both ships had suite amenities such as breakfast and lunch in Cagneys and a butler and concierge, just not access to the Haven itself. 

while i cant speak directly about the prima, i can tell you that on most ncl ships, if they have both a haven complex, and a "suite" the rooms, services and almost totally the same, except the suites are about 2- thousand dollars cheaper and if in a suite, you dont get the specific haven amenities, pool, bar, lounge and restaurant. personally, i can forgo those and save the money. On other ncl ships if booked into a suite, breakfast in moderno, lunch in cagneys's , but i understand there is no moderno on the prima.

as an aside, let me travel, are you sailing on the sept 26th departure from reykjavick

Yes! Leaving Reykjavik on 9/26…spending two days prior just to see Iceland…doing Sky Lagoon, Golden Circle and Northern Lights excursions through Viator…staying at Hotel Borg..I’m so excited! Only 110 days to go…ok, ok,…started with about 400 days! LOL…I’m sort of obsessive…I’m excited about our aft facing suite…it has a HUGE balcony and we are planning to have a cocktail party on our balcony (depending on the weather) to see the Northern Lights. We are traveling with a group of people so we don’t want to dine separately from them in the Haven…we’ve stayed in the non-haven suites before and were very pleased with the service and amenities.  I think this cruise will be one of the best because of the ship (Prima) and the ports…what an adventure it will be!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Yes! Leaving Reykjavik on 9/26…spending two days prior just to see Iceland…doing Sky Lagoon, Golden Circle and Northern Lights excursions through Viator…staying at Hotel Borg..I’m so excited! Only 110 days to go…ok, ok,…started with about 400 days! LOL…I’m sort of obsessive…I’m excited about our aft facing suite…it has a HUGE balcony and we are planning to have a cocktail party on our balcony (depending on the weather) to see the Northern Lights. We are traveling with a group of people so we don’t want to dine separately from them in the Haven…we’ve stayed in the non-haven suites before and were very pleased with the service and amenities.  I think this cruise will be one of the best because of the ship (Prima) and the ports…what an adventure it will be!

Oh, that is so exciting!  DH and I have an aft-facing suite on Viva at the end of November.  Yes, the balcony is large, and given that it is a cruise with a lot of sea days, we are looking forward to spending time on our balcony reading, having a cup of tea, and looking out at the ocean.

6 hours ago, CruiserFam3 said:

For Prima Non-Haven, but in Suites, what kind of bathroom products are provided? Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, lotions…?

I remember hand soap and lotion at the sink, shampoo, body wash and I think conditioner in the shower. They were all L’Occitane. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got the e-mail from Guest Relations about concierge services.  It's a little vague about what they do (except that they make specialty restaurant reservations 130 days prior to sailing).  DH's response when he saw the email?  "Oh, we are so getting brownies and other goodies in our cabin!"  He looked like a kid on Christmas morning.  🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heytootsktz said:

Just wondering, in the non-haven suites, are the rooms serviced 1 or 2 times per day???

Hi! They come twice a day.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ysolde said:

Got the e-mail from Guest Relations about concierge services.  It's a little vague about what they do (except that they make specialty restaurant reservations 130 days prior to sailing).  DH's response when he saw the email?  "Oh, we are so getting brownies and other goodies in our cabin!"  He looked like a kid on Christmas morning.  🤣

You can also ask for a mattress topper so it’s installed before you get there. Types of Nespresso capsules, snacks, and type of pillow. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

You can also ask for a mattress topper so it’s installed before you get there. Types of Nespresso capsules, snacks, and type of pillow. 

Thanks.  We are definitely going to need the mattress topper.  We like a marshmallow soft mattress, and the beds on NCL can be concrete hard.

• Like 1

Question: Can we request sodas be set up in our cabin before our arrival (we are Regent people, so we are used to doing this)?  We don't really drink alcohol, and we have a soda package.  If we could get some sodas in our cabin, so that we did not always have to go to a bar to get one, that would be ideal.

5 hours ago, ysolde said:

Question: Can we request sodas be set up in our cabin before our arrival (we are Regent people, so we are used to doing this)?  We don't really drink alcohol, and we have a soda package.  If we could get some sodas in our cabin, so that we did not always have to go to a bar to get one, that would be ideal.

Not under the package.  If in an OS or higher, sodas are included in room even if no package.  We even had one trip in best room on Escape and first interaction with butler was .'we can't bring drinks to your room.'

• Thanks 1

it depends on the butler.  while under ncl policy, having soda brought to your room is a no-no,

we've been on some ncl cruises where the butler had no problem bringing soda to our cabin, and some where the butler advised he couldnt do it because of ncl rules. 

• Thanks 1