Bermuda Winter 2023/2024 Ferry Schedule effective 6th of November

Charles4515

As usual there is no Orange Route public ferry service to St. George's on the winter schedule. The public ferry to Hamilton does run all year. The winter schedule usually runs to the end of April so expect the next Summer Schedule in May 2024. If you are on NCL they have been running a complementary ferry to St. George's for their passengers all year. 

http://www.rccbermuda.bm/Documents/Ferry/Winter Ferry Schedule 2023-24.pdf

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, Charles4515 said:

As usual there is no Orange Route public ferry service to St. George's on the winter schedule. The public ferry to Hamilton does run all year. The winter schedule usually runs to the end of April so expect the next Summer Schedule in May 2024. If you are on NCL they have been running a complementary ferry to St. George's for their passengers all year. 

Thanks for this. We will be visiting the week of Nov 19th. Off topic, thinking of going to Clearwater Beach for a change from Horseshoe. Do you know if the beach bar is closed for the season?

1 hour ago, AmbitionatBay said:

Thanks for this. We will be visiting the week of Nov 19th. Off topic, thinking of going to Clearwater Beach for a change from Horseshoe. Do you know if the beach bar is closed for the season?

I don’t know when or whether they will close for the season. They don’t say on their website. The beach bar is called Sunjammers. They do have an email address link and phone number link on their site. You might contact them and ask. https://www.sunjammersbda.com/

19 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t know when or whether they will close for the season. They don’t say on their website. The beach bar is called Sunjammers. They do have an email address link and phone number link on their site. You might contact them and ask. https://www.sunjammersbda.com/

Thank you. I did email them today.  You always provide good information on Bermuda and it is appreciated. We usually visit twice a year. This is a first for the off season.

On 11/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, AmbitionatBay said:

Thank you. I did email them today.  You always provide good information on Bermuda and it is appreciated. We usually visit twice a year. This is a first for the off season.

They emailed back and the concession is closed for the off season. Thanks for the info on the ferry.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, Charles4515 said:

Thank you so much for posing the schedule for next season.   You are also a wealth of information on Bermuda.  

We will be arriving on the NCL Joy at the Dockyard next June.   Our plan is to take the ferry to Hamilton (to shop and have a rum swizzle), then take a bus to St. George (to sight see), then take the NCL ferry back to the Dockyard.   Do you think this plan would work well?  Am I correct that the cost for the ferry is the same as the bus so each person in our group would need two tokens?   And one more question, approximately how long will the bus ride be from Hamilton to St. George?

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

We will be arriving on the NCL Joy at the Dockyard next June.   Our plan is to take the ferry to Hamilton (to shop and have a rum swizzle), then take a bus to St. George (to sight see), then take the NCL ferry back to the Dockyard.   Do you think this plan would work well?  Am I correct that the cost for the ferry is the same as the bus so each person in our group would need two tokens?   And one more question, approximately how long will the bus ride be from Hamilton to St. George?

Your plan will work. That would take 2 tokens, one for the ferry and one for the bus for each person. The bus ride is about one hour. There are 4 routes from Hamilton to St. George. You catch them at the bus terminal. You might consider a stop or two along the way.  Like the aquarium or Swizzle Inn. You can get a transportation pass which is good for ferries and buses. 

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Your plan will work. That would take 2 tokens, one for the ferry and one for the bus for each person. The bus ride is about one hour. There are 4 routes from Hamilton to St. George. You catch them at the bus terminal. You might consider a stop or two along the way.  Like the aquarium or Swizzle Inn. You can get a transportation pass which is good for ferries and buses. 

Thank you for the prompt reply.    I think we would love to go to the Swizzle Inn for our Swizzle drink--thank you for the suggestion.   Then, we would need an additional token,  correct?

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for the prompt reply.    I think we would love to go to the Swizzle Inn for our Swizzle drink--thank you for the suggestion.   Then, we would need an additional token,  correct?

Yes an additional token for between the Swizzle and St. George’s. So two 14 zone tokens and I believe it should be a 3 zone token for that last shorter leg. When you buy your tokens at the Visitor Information Centre at the Dockyard tell them your plans to get the right tokens. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes an additional token for between the Swizzle and St. George’s. So two 14 zone tokens and I believe it should be a 3 zone token for that last shorter leg. When you buy your tokens at the Visitor Information Centre at the Dockyard tell them your plans to get the right tokens. 

Thank you, again, as I did not realize there are different tokens.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

they dont have the schedule out for summer 24. will the ferry go to st georges the last week of april?

As you noted they don’t have the schedule yet for summer 24. I believe the  summer schedule wasn’t even available until the last week of April. The summer schedule with service to St. George’s went into effect May 2. 

Edited by Charles4515