Jewel of the Seas cabins deck 3

I am looking at ocean view cabins on deck 3 and notice that there are cabins below on deck 2 on the port side midship to aft, but only blank space on the deck plan for deck 2 on the starboard side.  RCL could not tell me what is in that space.  I am concerned about booking a cabin on deck 3 above an area that may be noisy.  Does anyone know what is in that space on deck 2 starboard side midship? And if you don't know, have you booked a cabin on the starboard side deck 3 and found it satisfactory?

I would be more concerned about noise from Deck 4…I was on the Jewel in Sept., and deck 4 is a pretty busy floor with Centrum, Dining Room and Theater.

Medical is also down on 2.

I’m thinking this is the space for tendering….I seem to remember going down to deck 2 to get on and off the tenders.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

I just had the behind the scenes tour on the Jewel. Deck 2 is primarily crew working areas, including provision stores, the Engine Control. room, the Medical facility, and other offices. I'm on Deck 3 just forward of the forward elevators, and we haven't had any problem with noise at all. Even the bow thruster isn't too bad. There's a little noise, but no vibration. (It does not wake my wife up.)

Aloha,

John