Question on prestige select beverage package

vince_g

2 minutes ago, tijc52 said:

Is there any advantage to upgrading the package in advance, or just as easy on board?

I think one potential advantage of doing onboard is maybe you are not sure you really need to upgrade but after a couple of days you decide you’d like to…..you would only pay the upgrade per day charge for that day moving forward. At least that is the way I believe it works.  

• Like 1

I asked that question of my TA and she confirmed it works like that.  

But check your fare basis.  If you are on the "old" system and not on Simply More the upgrade is twice as much because you have to buy the wine package first and then upgrade from that.   On Simply More it is $30 per day per person.  So $60 for a couple.   On the old package it is $69.95 per person per day.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

On Simply More it is $30 per day per person.  So $60 for a couple.   On the old package it is $69.95 per person per day.

Interesting, I booked a March 2023 cruise in September that falls under the Simply More umbrella and they want to charge us $69.95 per person to upgrade to the prestige package.  Must be a computer glitch.

4 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Interesting, I booked a March 2023 cruise in September that falls under the Simply More umbrella and they want to charge us $69.95 per person to upgrade to the prestige package.  Must be a computer glitch.

Yeah….when you go into your reservation online it will show you have not purchased any beverage package even though included in SM and indicated in your invoice. Kind of odd…assume due to fact there are currently reservations under both SM and not…and they haven’t figured out how to update system,  you know…the Oceania IT thing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Yeah….when you go into your reservation online it will show you have not purchased any beverage package even though included in SM and indicated in your invoice. Kind of odd…assume due to fact there are currently reservations under both SM and not…and they haven’t figured out how to update system,  you know…the Oceania IT thing. 

For us it is a big IT glitch....21 day cruise @ $30 per day is significantly less than 21@69.95

1 minute ago, Traveling Fools said:

For us it is a big IT glitch....21 day cruise @ $30 per day is significantly less than 21@69.95

Agree, have you called Oceania? Just like issues with the booking of excursions…sometime it is easier to just call them. 

We have only last week upgraded from the House Select to Prestige.  With a small allowance for glitches in converting currency from $AUD to $USD, because here in Australia we pay for all parts of the cruise in our Australian currency, I can vouch that it is indeed approx. $US30 per person per day to upgrade from the House Select to Prestige.  We had already chosen House Select as one of the included options when booking some months ago, still under OLife.  To purchase the Prestige outright, the cost is indeed approx. $USD70 per person per day.  We calculated we are way ahead with the Prestige Package, not only for the important (to us) reason of not having to purchase each drink individually, and not having to worry about what we order, with the exception of a few very expensive single malts and cognacs, which we probably wouldn't order anyway, because the covered single malts are really palatable (Talisker, etc.).  Another consideration, and an enticing one, is that here in Australia, it is $AUD17 cheaper per day to pre-purchase, rather than waiting till we're aboard.  We enjoyed having the Prestige Package on Sirena last September, and it worked perfectly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We have only last week upgraded from the House Select to Prestige.  With a small allowance for glitches in converting currency from $AUD to $USD, because here in Australia we pay for all parts of the cruise in our Australian currency, I can vouch that it is indeed approx. $US30 per person per day to upgrade from the House Select to Prestige.  We had already chosen House Select as one of the included options when booking some months ago, still under OLife.  To purchase the Prestige outright, the cost is indeed approx. $USD70 per person per day.  We calculated we are way ahead with the Prestige Package, not only for the important (to us) reason of not having to purchase each drink individually, and not having to worry about what we order, with the exception of a few very expensive single malts and cognacs, which we probably wouldn't order anyway, because the covered single malts are really palatable (Talisker, etc.).  Another consideration, and an enticing one, is that here in Australia, it is $AUD17 cheaper per day to pre-purchase, rather than waiting till we're aboard.  We enjoyed having the Prestige Package on Sirena last September, and it worked perfectly.

Yes! And it  is very clear under the US website under the Beverage Package section it is $30 USD per person per day to upgrade the House Select included under the SM to the Prestige Package. 

IMG_1981.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Agree, have you called Oceania? Just like issues with the booking of excursions…sometime it is easier to just call them. 

Not yet, with it being the weekend and I've been busy.  As we don't depart Rio until march 5th, no real rush to call at this time.

20 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We calculated we are way ahead with the Prestige Package, not only for the important (to us) reason of not having to purchase each drink individually, and not having to worry about what we order,

Exactly!  My first cruise with O I thought the drink package we purchased included liquor.  Wrong...only beer and wine.  I only drink when on a cruise and then top shelf brands.  I was miffed to find I had to pay for a whiskey while DW was getting her wine for free.  Shame on me for not thoroughly reading the T&C regarding the package, but I felt as if O had been disingenuous with their advertising. 

I asked my TA to send me my final invoice, showing the upgrade from the basic wine package, included in Simply More, plus the Excursion Credits etc etc.  I have it on my computer.  The upgrade was $30 pp/p day and the tips $23 pp per day.  (We are in a Vista Suite...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1