No Thank You Nachi Cocom — From a snake to terrible food and drinks

smellywax

On 2/21/2024 at 5:28 PM, publicpersona said:

We always made Nachi our go-to in Cozumel and were never disappointed .. until the last time just pre-COVID and we were disappointed. Since then, we have read reviews from others that Nachi is not what it once was. Anyone else that has been there in the past year want to disagree?

I have been reading this board for almost 20 years and reviews about Nachi for almost as long.

Over the years reviews have been up and down (as expected) with complaints ranging from dirty car park area and approach, weak drinks, too soft sand, shelving beach line, rowdy children (and sometimes adults) not controlled in the pool, hot tubs always cold.

I can remember when it was PAYG (with maybe small entrance fee? - I never went) and complaints about going AI and later each time price increased. Then capacity was increased and extra palapas and beach bar added. At one time you definitely couldn’t get in without a pre-reservation in fact you were lucky to get a taxi to even take you.

Despite all the complaints, highs and lows, ups and downs in popularity over the years, Nachi is one beach club that always seems to retain its’ club of die-hard cheer leaders who return time and time again, unlike any other club I read about on Cozumel.

As stated above we have only been a handful of times over the years. Not often enough to determine any particular trends. We have never found the service to be exemplary, or the food and drink to be better than lots of others places we frequent on Cozumel. I am not sure why it has maintained such a fan club for so long but it is a useful place to keep on the rota for a day when you want something quieter.

If you were diasappointed pre-Covid I am not sure how you would rate it now. Our most recent visit was prior to the restart of cruising when they were offering discount rates- so yes, it was good value, food and drinks were fine and it was at half capacity. Family members went just before Christmas and said it was OK - that was their first visit.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:28 PM, publicpersona said:
Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

I have been reading this board for almost 20 years and reviews about Nachi for almost as long.

Over the years reviews have been up and down (as expected) with complaints ranging from dirty car park area and approach, weak drinks, too soft sand, shelving beach line, rowdy children (and sometimes adults) not controlled in the pool, hot tubs always cold.

I can remember when it was PAYG (with maybe small entrance fee? - I never went) and complaints about going AI and later each time price increased. Then capacity was increased and extra palapas and beach bar added. At one time you definitely couldn’t get in without a pre-reservation in fact you were lucky to get a taxi to even take you.

Despite all the complaints, highs and lows, ups and downs in popularity over the years, Nachi is one beach club that always seems to retain its’ club of die-hard cheer leaders who return time and time again, unlike any other club I read about on Cozumel.

As stated above we have only been a handful of times over the years. Not often enough to determine any particular trends. We have never found the service to be exemplary, or the food and drink to be better than lots of others places we frequent on Cozumel. I am not sure why it has maintained such a fan club for so long but it is a useful place to keep on the rota for a day when you want something quieter.

If you were diasappointed pre-Covid I am not sure how you would rate it now. Our most recent visit was prior to the restart of cruising when they were offering discount rates- so yes, it was good value, food and drinks were fine and it was at half capacity. Family members went just before Christmas and said it was OK - that was their first visit.

Thank you so much for your thorough response!

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2023 at 7:49 AM, OCSC Mike said:

One thing of note here that makes a difference if you like to eat (as I do)... Nachi is not all you can eat anymore. You get a 4-course meal. Even if you don't eat a ton, it's nice to be able to order something else if you don't like one thing... just like when onboard a ship.

You also know I had a similar experience to the OP... and the frozen drinks were not adequate. I promise you I'm not picky nor am I normally a huge drinker but I do make use of my included drinks (on the ship or at an AI club)... and these were the most watery, icy frozen drinks I've ever tried. The margaritas fell into the adequate category for me, which I was fine with.

I have been going there often since 2009 and it has always been 4 course and never been all you can eat.  I always order two main entrees and no dessert - no issue.  I have not been there in the past two years though but I did hear the quality has gone downhill.  Sad to hear it because the food and drinks have always been exceptional.  My wife and I actually had our first date there in 2009.

On 12/11/2023 at 2:29 PM, yogagal47 said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice place to have lunch on the beach where you can also swim? we need a place where my friend can join us (just for lunch) and can use her mobility scooter to get in. she does not need to go on the beach. I'm concerned because we are in port on January 10 and there will be a large number of big ships there that day

Buccanos.