Boarding in Southampton - should we get Medallions sent ahead of time?

bwgreen

Hello!

I wanted to ask - for those who have boarded recently in Southampton is it wise to get the Medallions shipped ahead of time?  I would prefer just to get them at the Pier (as if thy are sent then that is one more thing to remember!) but if there will be a significant delay for these then we'll order them (we have Plus so shipping is free, and we are in Canada so they send them to the house now).

Thanks,

Brian

We board the Sky in Southampton next week.  We had our medallions shipped to our home and we received them a little over a week ago.  Then again...we're in the US.  I know this has just recently changed for our Canadian friends...but what exactly is your concern.  We *always* have them shipped to us...have never had them not delivered in time.

For those who pick them up at the pier...most people have said that it *might* add 2 minutes to your total boarding time.

17 minutes ago, bwgreen said:

2 minutes - I can deal with that! 2 hours - not so much!  My main concern is time - not wanting to spend a long time in embarkation because of this.

We are in the UK so don't have the option of delivery. We were on Sky in June this year. We arrived at the terminal at about 1030 and I was onboard and had a glass of Prosecco in my hand by 1100. We have no elite benefits so this was bog standard boarding. I honestly have no idea if this is typical or not and it was before the changes to the green/blue lanes.

• Like 1

We have never had them mailed to us and have never had an issue getting them at the port.

Yes it will add a few minutes to the boarding process.

My wife now uses a cane and when we boarded in Southampton earlier this year, they offered us seats and then brought the medallions to us.

4 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

We are in the UK so don't have the option of delivery. We were on Sky in June this year. We arrived at the terminal at about 1030 and I was onboard and had a glass of Prosecco in my hand by 1100. We have no elite benefits so this was bog standard boarding. I honestly have no idea if this is typical or not and it was before the changes to the green/blue lanes.

Four cruises with port pick up of medallions and never had a noticeable wait when boarding, probably five minutes on top max, and given that three of those cruises were boarding in the U.K., meaning the vast majority of the passengers were picking up at the port, it really isn’t worth worrying about any potential wait.

We boarded in Southampton earlier this week. We had our medallions mailed to us in the US prior to departure. Total and complete waste of time and energy. When we walked up to the check-in counter, we were asked if we had our medallions. We said yes. 
Had I said, no, the agent would’ve turned around and grabbed our medallions from the shelf right directly behind the check-in counter. There is a huge pile of white boxes just sitting there waiting. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1