Pilates Reformer

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I think I have seen Pilates classes mentioned as available in the spa/fitness area.

Does anyone know if they have a Pilates Refomer machine available?

Thanks

They used to have them on the R ships 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, vlthom said:

I. Wish that they had them, but they don’t.  They offer a mat pilates class periodically, but that’s it.

Some RCCL ships have reformers. They fold up to stack standing up when there are other classes in the studio. 

Reformers take up space and they are not very popular when you consider how many more folks will use a treadmill for instance.  I adore Pilates, but you don't need a reformer to do it.  Wish they had some classes, which alas, they do not.

3 minutes ago, VL1 said:

Reformers take up space and they are not very popular when you consider how many more folks will use a treadmill for instance.  I adore Pilates, but you don't need a reformer to do it.  Wish they had some classes, which alas, they do not.

The reformers they had on RCCL folded up to stand upright. Took up very little space. Mat Pilates is much harder to do. There were a few Pilates classes on our last Marina cruise in october. We were off the ship each time.

4 hours ago, VL1 said:

I adore Pilates, but you don't need a reformer to do it.  

3 hours ago, SATaxman said:

Mat Pilates is much harder to do.

As far as I'm concerned, mat/floor pilates is completely different from a reformer, and yes, for my 75 year old body, the reformer is much more comfortable. Easier for stretching, and many more exercises than on the floor. But again, I don't expect to see a reformer onboard any O ship any time in the near future. Unfortunately.

• Like 2