Haven questions

jjduck

1 hour ago, jjduck said:

rbxlady and rocketman, thanks for your responses with great advice.

BTW, how far in advance does the shoreside concierge generally contact the guest?  

And while I'm here, how does the laundry service (if any) work on the Encore.   Also, if the butler does not replenish the mini fridge, do you bring back sodas and bottled water from the haven lounge and any bar?

Thanks very much!

I'm not sure when they contact guests.

I don't wait for them.  I call them myself around 45-60 days out.

855-625-4283

norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

Some seem reluctant to contact them but I've found them to be most receptive and eager to help make your cruise something special.

While you can email them, I recommend you call. They will explore with you options you might not have thought of.

You wil need your booking number.

The concierge desk isn't like the general number for ncl.  I've never had to wait more than 3 minutes.  Several times, they answered on the first or second ring.

Laundry.  I'm not a laundry person but wife has been very happy with that service.  She doesn't wish to have to do laundry as soon as we get home so she tries to get a batch done the next to last day.

As noted earlier, you can go to the bar for your sodas or ask the butler. Either way you'll have to pay a bit but compared to the cost of the cruise, that is a minor issue.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 2:42 PM, Trappedontheboat said:

What I like about the Haven Restaurant is that they can accommodate your special requests. You don't like something they will remove it. You want something extra, you get it at no charge. You want a fillet minion for breakfast instead of NY strip or whatever they serve there, you will get it.

They do ask that all the requests are made 24 hours (or so) prior the meal.

We ordered some cheese for a  burger once and we did not know that it was not on the menu, as we found out later, they ran to the main dining room and got it for us. I don't know if they do it for everyone tho, or was it because we knew them well and had good relationships, but from working in hospitality, food and bev in the past, I know for sure that when the guests were nice, we would bend over backward for them.

Weird. I would think if there were something as common as a particular cheese in one venue, it would be in the Haven as a rule.

each restaurant kitchen, whether it be a specialty restaurant or the haven restaurant, is "provisioned" before each service. everything they will need is brought in for that meal specifically. if it hasn't been provisioned, it ain't on the menu and they're not prepared to serve it.

this is why the haven generally asks you to make special requests the day before. whatever you want, whether it be a filet mignon for your breakfast steak and eggs or one last banana banoffee for breakfast on your last morning on board.

3 hours ago, scamper said:

I would think if there were something as common as a particular cheese in one venue, it would be in the Haven as a rule.

i don't like brie. i don't eat brie. the brie burger does nothing for me in the haven. i either ask for it without brie or get it with cheddar or swiss. i asked for this one day and they did indeed have it. in fact, the menu does state that cheese substitutions are available. not sure if the cheddar and swiss were being used on another menu item that day or if they had - as you suggest - anticipated the need for something as common as a particular cheese. but if it's not on the list of provisions for that meal service, they will not have it in the kitchen. if i had ordered provolone or bleu cheese, too less common burger cheese requests, they may not have had it.

• Like 1