Black Friday vs Boxing Day - When's the best time to book?

dacf

We'd like to book ourselves on Celebrity Equinox - 9 day Southern Caribbean Cruise to the ABC islands leaving March 23rd.    I'm looking at the balcony cabins.  I've been keeping an eye on the pricing and in just 4-5 days, I've seen it go as low just over a $1,000 (same price as an ocean view) to as high as $1700.  This is crazy, it's all over the place.   I'm wondering if the Black Friday deals coming up will be better deals or should I wait till Boxing Day?  Does anyone have any experience with when the deals should be better? 

Thanks for your help!

Boxing Day really isn't a holiday in the U.S. so you might see something on the Canadian Site. 

If your cruise is outside of Final Payment (90 days),  I would recommend booking now and keep checking.   If the price drops call and have your price adjusted.    At least this is how I would do it in the U.S.    Not sure if Canadian bookings also have best price matching up until final payment.

I have a little trick.   I search for the cruise and do a mock booking up to the Category Selection window and then Book Mark.    I can then get back to check with just one or two clicks.

Example of my March Cruise -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL17T035&sDT=2024-04-09&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Boxing Day really isn't a holiday in the U.S. so you might see something on the Canadian Site. 

If your cruise is outside of Final Payment (90 days),  I would recommend booking now and keep checking.   If the price drops call and have your price adjusted.    At least this is how I would do it in the U.S.    Not sure if Canadian bookings also have best price matching up until final payment.

I have a little trick.   I search for the cruise and do a mock booking up to the Category Selection window and then Book Mark.    I can then get back to check with just one or two clicks.

Example of my March Cruise -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL17T035&sDT=2024-04-09&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

Canada usually falls under the the USA umbrella for booking 

17 hours ago, dacf said:

We'd like to book ourselves on Celebrity Equinox - 9 day Southern Caribbean Cruise to the ABC islands leaving March 23rd.    I'm looking at the balcony cabins.  I've been keeping an eye on the pricing and in just 4-5 days, I've seen it go as low just over a $1,000 (same price as an ocean view) to as high as $1700.  This is crazy, it's all over the place.   I'm wondering if the Black Friday deals coming up will be better deals or should I wait till Boxing Day?  Does anyone have any experience with when the deals should be better? 

Thanks for your help!

Their "sales" tend to be a shell game. You would be better off finding a fare you are comfortable with and booking now, as the stateroom choices will likely be better. If prices go down you can refare at the then current rates and perks if it works in your favour.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot everyone for your input!! It's been greatly appreciated.  I was on the phone with ***** and they gave us a pretty good deal with $2878 US dollar for two people all taxes in - final price, plus $275 US dollar ship board credit for a balcony.

Have a great week!

1 minute ago, dacf said:

Thanks a lot everyone for your input!! It's been greatly appreciated.  I was on the phone with ***** and they gave us a pretty good deal with $2878 US dollar for two people all taxes in - final price, plus $275 US dollar ship board credit for a balcony.

Have a great week!

It looks like cruise critic won't allow me to post where i got the deal from.  I put it down but they deleted it as seen in my post.

Just past Boxing Day, there is also Wave Season that runs from Jan to Mar.  Personally, I think the deals are generally the best during this time frame whereas other sales throughout the year are somewhat variations of the same thing.  But obviously, there are always lots of variables at play.  eg In this particular instance, it's cutting it close with a late March departure.  And you also never know what kind of pricing plays out within final payment.  Etc, etc.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!!  It's been greatly appreciated 🙂

I'll take a look at Travel Tues. 11/28 and if those deals interest us then we'll book and if not then I'll wait till after the new year during their Wave Season (which I didn't know about), so thank you Milhouse for letting me in on that.  I know it'll be 3 months before the cruise, but if they haven't sold out or nearly sold out then I'm expecting the cabins should be on sale.   We've just gone through a kitchen reno, so we do have a budget that we want to stick with.  We're just hoping that we'll be able to do this if the price is right LOL!!