Oosterdam Spanish Farewell 2023: The good, the great, and well, the cold.

ldlewis45

I have family on this voyage.  The O has Starlink, but ive  heard the capabilities for WiFi video chats haven’t been as strong as they were for us on Zuiderdam when we were in the Canada/New England area.  I think the less dense satellite coverage in the middle of the Atlantic has something to do with it.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ldlewis45 said:

My biggest complaint has been that I have been unable to get truly hot water in my suite at any point on this cruise.  To the point where there was literally only cold water on two mornings.  I've made a couple of complaints, but it's only been a temporary fix and still has never resulted in actually hot water.  

Not a surprise. The old ships have issues. I was on the Noordam recently. No hot water in the shower at 6am. Eventually warmed up later in the morning. But, never really hot. I was in a Signature Suite.

I can only suggest that if you're desperate, try the showers in the pool's changing rooms. If the ship has changing rooms. Or, ask for access to the showers in the spa.

Edited by HappyInVan

6 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for your report. sorry about the water and the bed.

You mentioned some Elemis products no longer supplied in the Neptune Suite, what Elemis products are still provided?  

The regular shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash dispensers in the shower and bathtub, liquid hand soap and lotion dispensers at the sinks, mini bar of soap, and a shower cap.  

• Thanks 1

After so many years of California drought, many of us got used to "shipboard showers"- sponge baths, instead of full showers. They seem normal now. I cringe at the waste of water caused by showers and full bathtubs. But this is probably a California thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ldlewis45 said:

The regular shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash dispensers in the shower and bathtub, liquid hand soap and lotion dispensers at the sinks, mini bar of soap, and a shower cap.  

Thank you for your reply.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, kochleffel said:

I needed to attend Zoom classes during this cruise. The Internet was fine whenever I needed it, but might not be as consistent at higher latitudes. Zoom’s two-way video requires a lot of bandwidth and so I had upgraded to the premium package.

Thank you!  I’ll have the premium package. I’ve heard prior that the Oosterdam internet was awful; so this report is very encouraging!

9 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Thank you!  I’ll have the premium package. I’ve heard prior that the Oosterdam internet was awful; so this report is very encouraging!

It has far improved since the last time I sailed on her.  In 2017 and 2019, I could rarely even pick up internet in the room.  I upgraded to the premium wifi on this cruise, and I've been able to stream without issues (granted, I haven't used Zoom, just streamed videos on FB and websites).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ldlewis45 said:

It has far improved since the last time I sailed on her.  In 2017 and 2019, I could rarely even pick up internet in the room.  I upgraded to the premium wifi on this cruise, and I've been able to stream without issues (granted, I haven't used Zoom, just streamed videos on FB and websites).

For me, I do LIVE! threads here at cruise critic, and it seems like Internet will be OK for that!  Also should be fine for staying in touch with work//friends. I may need to Zoom for that, so fingers crossed. Also will remain to be seen if I can upload videos to my YouTube channel while on the ship.