KEY

FunaC

22 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't understand the value in this drop-off service.  If I carry something on, it's because I don't trust other people to handle it.  So why would I carry something on, then hand it over?  Especially a medical device?  

I agree with you 100%. I've often wondered the same thing.

Just now, Mum2Mercury said:

Yeah, I think we all agree with that.  

So why not put them through with the rest of the luggage /with the porters?  If they're things you've wanted for travel but don't 'specially need for the first couple hours of the trip, why carry them on at all?  I'm trying to understand your logic. 

Because the drop offs are waiting in our room.  We don't have to wait for the luggage.  In warm weather I put a swim suit and cover up in my carry on.  As soon as they open our room we change, head to the pool, grab a table and a drink.  I bring my knitting and that is how we spend our time until we need to get ready for dinner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Because the drop offs are waiting in our room.  We don't have to wait for the luggage.  In warm weather I put a swim suit and cover up in my carry on.  As soon as they open our room we change, head to the pool, grab a table and a drink.  I bring my knitting and that is how we spend our time until we need to get ready for dinner.

I know I'm being argumentative, but 

- If you're going to change right away, why not wear the swimsuit under a cover-up for boarding?  I l ike doing that; of course, my cover-ups are all Lands End type tee-dresses, so rather modest.  

- While not guaranteed, our luggage is always in the hall by the time the rooms open.  

Obviously I'm not the target audience for the drop-off because I just don't see it as a benefit.  

Just now, Mum2Mercury said:

I know I'm being argumentative, but 

- If you're going to change right away, why not wear the swimsuit under a cover-up for boarding?  I l ike doing that; of course, my cover-ups are all Lands End type tee-dresses, so rather modest.  

- While not guaranteed, our luggage is always in the hall by the time the rooms open.  

Obviously I'm not the target audience for the drop-off because I just don't see it as a benefit.  

You travel your way we will travel our way.  You don't see it as a value we do.  There are other benefits we enjoy that I am sure you can pick part as not what you would do either.  My money, my choice as how to spend it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

You travel your way we will travel our way.  You don't see it as a value we do.  There are other benefits we enjoy that I am sure you can pick part as not what you would do either.  My money, my choice as how to spend it.  

I tried to understand, and I failed.