Boarding Late when overnight in port.

I am sailing from Bangkok in February.  We are arriving in Bangkok a week prior to the sailing.  The first night of the sailing is an overnight in Bangkok.  My son will be in Bangkok at the same time and we are all meeting his GF’s family.  He is leaving Bangkok for home two days before we board Riveria.   I would like to fly to Siam Reap to see Angkor Wat the day he leaves, stay two days, and fly back to Bangkok late on boarding day.  We overnight in port the first day so the ship will not be leaving but I’m not sure how late I can check in.

Does anyone know the check in procedure for overnights??  If I spend the day in Angkor Wat and take the last flight, it will arrive around 8:00p but will I be able to check in that late?  There are numerous flights per day and they are only an hour so I’m not too worried about timing.  The O overland to Angkor Wat arrives at the ship around 4:30.  Some of the O flights get in later in the evening so there will be people checking in late with O transfers.

Any info is appreciated!

9 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

I am sailing from Bangkok in February.  We are arriving in Bangkok a week prior to the sailing.  The first night of the sailing is an overnight in Bangkok.  My son will be in Bangkok at the same time and we are all meeting his GF’s family.  He is leaving Bangkok for home two days before we board Riveria.   I would like to fly to Siam Reap to see Angkor Wat the day he leaves, stay two days, and fly back to Bangkok late on boarding day.  We overnight in port the first day so the ship will not be leaving but I’m not sure how late I can check in.

Does anyone know the check in procedure for overnights??  If I spend the day in Angkor Wat and take the last flight, it will arrive around 8:00p but will I be able to check in that late?  There are numerous flights per day and they are only an hour so I’m not too worried about timing.  The O overland to Angkor Wat arrives at the ship around 4:30.  Some of the O flights get in later in the evening so there will be people checking in late with O transfers.

Any info is appreciated!

You can check in any time..we have checked in at Midnight..Just be sure and notify the ship you will be a late arrival..

No problem

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

I think what you plan is risky.  Not on the Oceania side but you are flying internationally late on the day you are supposed to board.  If the plane has a mechanical and you can't fly and don't get to BKK till the following day who is going to stop the ship from sailing without you? OR the car that is taking you from Ankor Wat to the airport in Siam Reap breaks down and you miss the plane?

I suppose I have travelled so much internationally (including in SEA) that I am "risk averse" but I would not dream of doing what you want to do.

• Like 1

I should be ok.  I booked a flight that arrives at 4:30p on boarding day.  The ship doesn’t sail until the next evening at 6:00.  There are two later flights that day and six the next that can get me to Bangkok prior to sailing and the flight is only an hour.  If for some reason all flights are cancelled that day and the next, I can always hire a driver to take us the six hours back to the port.  Not ideal but there are a few people on our sailing that are driving from Bangkok to Siem Reap and back the day of boarding.

I'm basically flying in from Siem Reap a full day prior to sailing.  Worse case scenario, I board a day late and miss the first night on the ship.  In the event that there are two full days that travel is impossible either by air or land, I would bet that there will be many people missing the sailing, including the O overland but you are right, you just never know!

Normally, I would travel to Siem Reap earlier in the trip as I typically travel to a port and explore for three days or so but I want to spend as much time with my son in Bangkok before he departs Bangkok two days prior to my boarding Riveria (three days prior to sailing).

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:12 AM, Hambagahle said:

I think what you plan is risky.  Not on the Oceania side but you are flying internationally late on the day you are supposed to board.  If the plane has a mechanical and you can't fly and don't get to BKK till the following day who is going to stop the ship from sailing without you? OR the car that is taking you from Ankor Wat to the airport in Siam Reap breaks down and you miss the plane?

I suppose I have travelled so much internationally (including in SEA) that I am "risk averse" but I would not dream of doing what you want to do.

It's an hour nonstop flight, and there are many per day. I don't think this plan is especially risky.