MSC confirms World Class 3 and 4. Option for World class 5!...

Nunagoras

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the boards. Just in case it hasn't; MSC just confirmed Word Class 3 and 4, and for my surprise they added an option (likely to be confirmed on the next years to come) for World class 5!... 5 "A380" of the seas for MSC when I thought the huge behemoths would be at their end line!... Where will MSC to redeploy those so many monsters?... 3 will likely go to China/Far eastern markets. 4 likely to Miami if 2 reveals to be a success... And 5?... One more in the Med? I seriously doubt! One more for China? Maybe... One in Australia?... Quite unlikely but who know?...

MSC Cruises Confirms Two More Cruise Ship Orders - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, peder said:

The Oasis and Icon class ships have done interesting things with the Y-shaped design... I wonder how creative MSC will get with the remaining ships in the similar-ish World class.

I'm not expecting much as far as innovation with World Class 3-5. RCCL is in the lead and is pulling away as far as humongous Class ships.

Even NCL is trying something new (Aqua Slidecoaster) after the 5 ships with the go-karts.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll be any bigger, but I think they'll continue to make small changes. Specifically the promenade toward the aft of the World Europa seems so plain that I think we'll see quite a few changes back there.

10 hours ago, peder said:

I don't think they'll be any bigger

and I am totally fine if they are the same size as the world class gen 1. The seaside class and original Meraviglia class are about as large as I like. I’m still on the fence about the world class. I did some brief research and it looks the cabins have lower square footage vs the other ships for a given cabin category. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

11 hours ago, peder said:

I don't think they'll be any bigger, but I think they'll continue to make small changes. Specifically the promenade toward the aft of the World Europa seems so plain that I think we'll see quite a few changes back there.

Back to when World Europa and World America were ordered it was clear here in the European media that Word 3-4 were set to be larger than World E and A to basically RCI's Oasis class size. It was even speculated on whether Mr. Aponte and his family would wish for largest in the world. Maybe they won't build largest in the world, but World 5 which was totally out of question then!... So, yes; they'll quite likely to be Oasis class size or some 20k gross tons larger than the current generation ones!...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Back to when World Europa and World America were ordered it was clear here in the European media that Word 3-4 were set to be larger than World E and A to basically RCI's Oasis class size. It was even speculated on whether Mr. Aponte and his family would wish for largest in the world. Maybe they won't build largest in the world, but World 5 which was totally out of question then!... So, yes; they'll quite likely to be Oasis class size or some 20k gross tons larger than the current generation ones!...

I consider that a rounding error at these sizes 😅 Agreed there's a good chance that World 3/4/5 are a "World Plus" class, following the Meraviglia Plus and Seaside EVO classes before them.

I just hope they add more connecting staterooms, but I think at least one of the ships will try to copy Icon of the Seas' Surfside Neighborhood for families in the aft of the promenade.

• Like 1