Fitness classes with Plus package

phdiva

Wife was asking the same questions....

here a clip from the fine prints:

Fitness Classes is limited to 2 classes per guest during the entire voyage. Applies to in-person classes, must sign up for class on-board by visiting the fitness center. Exact class type, length, timing, schedule, availability, and other details will be determined by the ship type and by Princess in its sole discretion. 

here's a thread with similar subject...

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m following up post-cruise in case others have similar questions. The fitness staff had the schedule for the entire cruise posted the day of embarkation. I took a photo so I could refer to it and be strategic on which two classes I wanted to take. The afternoon classes were sparsely attended. One 5pm barre class was canceled because I was the only one who showed up and I felt weird being the only student. The 4pm Pilates class I attended had three people. The morning classes seemed better attended. I can’t imagine paying $30 plus an 18% tip for any of the classes if you don’t have a package, though. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phdiva said:

I’m following up post-cruise in case others have similar questions. The fitness staff had the schedule for the entire cruise posted the day of embarkation. I took a photo so I could refer to it and be strategic on which two classes I wanted to take. The afternoon classes were sparsely attended. One 5pm barre class was canceled because I was the only one who showed up and I felt weird being the only student. The 4pm Pilates class I attended had three people. The morning classes seemed better attended. I can’t imagine paying $30 plus an 18% tip for any of the classes if you don’t have a package, though. 

Did they give you the option to still take the barre class?  I would be a little irked if I made the effort to be there on time and dressed, only to have it canceled. 

On 12/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Did they give you the option to still take the barre class?  I would be a little irked if I made the effort to be there on time and dressed, only to have it canceled. 

Princess makes a big deal about the Special Fitness classes available via the Plus package. There have always been fitness classes on the Princess ships before the Plus. On our last two cruises, I was not aware of any special Plus available classes by a popular fitness program. I guess I would have to inquire about such classes. Each time I worked out. I did not see any instructors. For most people the Special Plus fitness adds little value.   

2 hours ago, kjg46 said:

Princess makes a big deal about the Special Fitness classes available via the Plus package. There have always been fitness classes on the Princess ships before the Plus. On our last two cruises, I was not aware of any special Plus available classes by a popular fitness program. I guess I would have to inquire about such classes. Each time I worked out. I did not see any instructors. For most people the Special Plus fitness adds little value.   

Fitness classes included with the packages are listed in the patter. 

3 hours ago, kjg46 said:

3 hours ago, kjg46 said:

I wonder if you have actually tried them?  I have.  They are the same types of fitness that I enjoy at home, 

I love them.  The only caveat is that they do not offer advanced levels as they gear to the general audience.

But realistically most princess cruisers aren't looking for advanced fitness.  If most of them would just fit in a simple stretch it would be game changing for them.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Fitness classes included with the packages are listed in the patter. 

In the case of our last cruise, often at the wrong times. 

it pays to visit the gym and get a copy of the schedule.

Mrs BV showed up at Patter time and discovered she was an hour late for the yoga class.  There was no problem with laying out her mat and giving herself a class though.

On 12/9/2023 at 5:13 PM, BamaVol said:

In the case of our last cruise, often at the wrong times. 

it pays to visit the gym and get a copy of the schedule.

Mrs BV showed up at Patter time and discovered she was an hour late for the yoga class.  There was no problem with laying out her mat and giving herself a class though.

Good to know!